IQ of 81

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Regenesis, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

Hi.Some of you might know me.I'm that guy that piced off lots of girls(and guys) on the forum and I had my account disabled(for how long I don't know,since I haven't bothered to check the last months).
    I usualy came here because I wanted to kill myself,mainly because I am not sociable and I was also disturbed that I'll never have a gf or sex.
    Now I come with another problem,it doesn't really involve suicide,but since I can't find any general discutions and this is where I was most active,I decided to put this thread here.
    SO.here it is:
    After making several IQ tests on the internet(some of them were professional),I found out that my IQ level is 81(confirmed in most of the tests).The average is 90-109,so I am 9 points below average.I don't really feel stupid,but I saw many on the internet that talk about people with my IQ,like they were some retardeds.What do you think?How stupid am I?
    Those that saw my old threads can judge better I suppose.

PS:Eglish is not my natal language,so sorry if I made writing mistakes.
    BTW,do you like this song?Its some awesome goth metal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWUmw2ITaFA&feature=channel_page

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

IQ test mainly test your aptitude in doing IQ tests. You're still just about in the range of average people so don't be worried. You're not stupid!

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are forgiven lol!! :shake:

Like Jani said,you aren't stupid. Oh and welcome back :)

4. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about IQ tests. They predominately based upon logic sequencing and the ability to conceptualize abstract shapes and problems. Some people are very intelligent, but simply lack these abilities. I never score as high on IQ tests as I think I ought to because I suck at math.

I think that you're perfectly intelligent. Hell, you're writing complex sentences and English isn't your primary language. That's much better than I can do. I can't speak another language for the life of me.

5. WillST

WillST Active Member

Firstly, you are within the normal range. Your IQ has to be below 70 before you get to abnormal (retarded).

Second, internet IQ tests are HIGHLY unreliable and rarely scientific, if you want to test your IQ properly you need to see a psychologist.

Thirdly, IQ tests are known to be culturally biased. If English isn't your first language you are already at a disadvantage and the measure of an IQ test has lost some of its validity.

Your post conveys enough lucidity that I wouldn't bother worrying about your intelligence. You may not be the smartest person in the world, but you are the same as the rest of us, nothing is wrong with you in that regard.

6. Nocturnal Ponderer

Nocturnal Ponderer Well-Known Member

Some say a high IQ score proves nothing more than you are just good at taking IQ tests.

Intelligence is so much more than conceptualisation abilities and pattern recognition. Intelligence can be emotional intelligence, shrewd business decisions, poetic ability. In fact intelligence is so vast I do not think it can be objectively measured.

Don't worry, you wrote in a language which isn't even your first language and for that I envy you greatly as I can only speak one. To me, that is a sign of intelligence.

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

My measured IQ is something like 150, which is WAY above average... I have difficulty preparing even basic food items like sandwiches and often run into doors... and I've lost my ability to read. Um... Yeah. Would rather be able to feed myself than determine the next item in a pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.