Irrational suicidal feelings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Samsara, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

Does anyone ever just feel like dying, even if there is nothing particularly wrong? I do. I mean, I know I'm clinically depressed, but I take antidepressants. I have some things going on in my life, but they are not really that bad. So why do I still have this creeping feeling of "you know, I'd just really like to end it?" Sometimes I validate it by feeling down and indulging it, sometimes I try to dismiss it. Either way, it's a rare day when I can go thru it without feeling suicidal.

Share with me your feelings on this.
  2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Sometimes SSRIs (most antidepressants) are known to cause an increase in suicidal ideation.

Also, it may be that your happy pills aren't able to work out everything.

Really, though, it may just be that it's an acquired habit. If you easily dismiss them, there probably isn't anything wrong and it's just habit.
  3. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

I actually considered that. It's just a comfy thing to do!
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have them dailey but have learned thru therapy how to set them aside for the day even though I know they are still there stabbing me in the back.. I also know that my death will be from my own hand one day..You should get in therapy and learn the coping skills...
  5. Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit Well-Known Member

The problem is me, not my life.
    I used to be on anti-depressants. All of my attempts were while I was on them. Since my shrink took me off them, I haven't tried once. I still think about it, still reserve my right to kill myself, but haven't had to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.