1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Irritated skin or psoriasis? Anyone know the difference?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Acy, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acy

    Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

    I've got a problem with a patch of skin on my shin. It is "chafing" because it keeps hitting my desk (and it really is impossible to avoid doing that - small space, not enough room for legs). The skin also seems to dry out and "flake" as opposed to just getting scraped away and irritated. Does anyone know if this sounds like psoriasis?

  2. shades

    shades Staff Alumni

    All I can tell you are the experiences of several friends and or relatives with the condition. It becomes quite widespread quite quickly and usually starts at the ankles, behind or on the knees and on the elbows and upper arms. It's usually been treated, from their accounts, with both a topical prescription cream and/or steroids. It can be quite irritating, itchy and painful.

    Most of those that have had bouts with it, and some that still have it, got it in their 40's and 50's. But if you have something that just wont go away and is really bothersome, don't wait too long...get it checked out.
  3. WildCherry

    WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

    My advice would be to get it checked out if you aren't sure.

    Have you tried putting lotion on it to moisten the skin? Any lotion that contains Vitamin E might be helpful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.