Is a disabled relative a good reason for a murder suicide?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Marcy, May 18, 2014.

1. Marcy

Marcy New Member

When i have read stories about parents killing disabled children, everyone makes excuses for them, but when parents kill healthy children they are slandered. I have a brother who is disabled and it bothers me that people will see him as less and find him not worth the time. I don't like being around other people because there is always a chance they are those types of people. So i thought of killing my family and myself. But do you think there is a negative afterlife?

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

How about trying to change attitudes.
    My cousin is brain damaged, but she has a good quality of life and we love her.
    When in public we treat her exactly the same as we treat each other and we have met with nothing but kindness from other people.
    If anyone did say anything derogatory, they would be picking up their teeth with their broken arm!

3. Nelly1921

Nelly1921 Well-Known Member

Hi Marcy, I like Terry's option of seeing your situation another way.

Regarding your brother, it sounds like you love and protect him already, why not continue as Marcy the Protector rather than turning to destruction as a conclusion.

Secondly, you mention that you stay away from other people as there may be the chance that they are one of the bullies of the world that would mock the disabled. There are all sorts of people in the world, many of them would never imagine that it would be ok to bully someone - anyone. Perhaps rather than isolating yourself it could help to venture out into the world and see that there is good - like yourself - Marcy as the protector.

There is also this forum and the chat room on this forum that are great places to hang out.