Is a girl worth the post-relationship depression ???

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by engravefeelthevoid, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My last 9 relationships were terrible with the most being a month long...the last 3-4 times I kind of had a good feeling that I was gonna face the post-relationship depression...but every time I'd say it's worth it...better than being lonely...better than bla bla bla....then it would end and I'd be depressed for the next 4 months...this has happened now for the 10th time and now I feel like a total co-dependent loser who can't live without a girl in his life and will end up with no job and no money and in-capable of supporting himself or a family...I'm still young don't worry but time is passing by and believe me...passing through this 10 times I'm sure I will pass through this an 11th time...so in your opinion guys...do you think that a girl is worth this depression /??? do u think its better if I be an emotionless thing than go out looking for girls and putting myself in the line of fire ??? What do you think I should do in my life to make it better ???

anything is welcome :)

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Girls aren't worth it. But it'll happen again and again. Just try to remember that the rejection of one girl doesn't hurt so much as the fear of being rejected by all women. People are very similar you'll find a similar girl to the one you like.

3. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

I know you asked guys for advice...and well..im a girl...but
    i know what its like to be rejected by the opposite sex....and have that post-relationship depression.....
    though. i have to say. i still think it is worth it.
    because....how can you find the one that is right for you.....if you dont even try to find her?
    the day you decide its not worth the pain anymore....might be the day that she walks into your life....

4. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

I've always found the best way to deal with post-dumpage depression is to ask another girl out. Even if that one says no, at least your making steps towards moving on.

failing that, when I split up with my Fiance, I didnt leave my house for 8 days while I watched every episode of Alias. Nothing like 92 hours of Jeniffer Garner to get over a woman.

5. Shadowheart that is very nice...but after 10 relationships now all tragic and knowing that I'm the type of guy who would easily be dumped by a girl...don't you think that psychologically id be programmed to see the opposite sex as a doorway to depression ?

Isn;t it better for me now to just focus on my studies and work hard on pursuing my dreams untill the time is right ???? because over 10 depressions is really not an easy thing to handle...

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Jamesl above has a good point but there are some other variables to consider.
    If you've had that many relationships you must be either very good looking or have a great personality or a combination of both. So I would focus on the reason for the break-ups. Maybe you have a self-fulfilling prophecy that the relationship will end and that is coming across to the girl. I think women like men who are confident and if you are always thinking the relationship will end maybe that's what is coming across.

7. I'm average...I look ok not the hottest guy out there but am fine...actually its my personality...I'm not really fun to be around with just comfortable...some people like to open up to me...i think thats the reason...people trust me so much and for the first month it feels great to have a guy like me around...but then it gets boring...trust me I am NO FUN AT ALL !!!!! its even a -ve value...no girl wants to spend her life with someone who cant make her smile or laugh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.