Is any one vegetarian or vegan here?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by mixedemotions, Dec 26, 2008.

1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

Hello all!

I was just wondering if any one here is a Vegetarian or Vegan here?

I am a Vegetarian my self and for my new year resolution I'm going strict.. meaning I'm not gonna eat fish an nothing that aint suitable for veges...

it is gonna be tough for me at times bcoz i cant resist eating some sweeties.. but im doing this for my self and that animals..

lets safe them together :smile:
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm not a vegeatarin and I don't ever plan on being one. I'm all for animal rights though and I wish that the meat farms would treat their animals a little better. I just really love eating chicken, turkey and fish. It's a good protein source and low in fat too. :smile:
  3. mixedemotions

ha ha. my mam allows says i need to eat more protein :p
  4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am a Vegan for the most part, on a rare occasion I eat fish or Pizza but that is extremly rare, I am a Vegan probably about 99.99 percent of the time

And there are some sweets that you can have that are Vegan, there is Vegan Ice Cream like Rice Dream and Soy Dream, or there is candies that have no animal products in them like swedish fish, and there are Vegan cookies
  5. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Good luck with going completely veggie :smile: Ive been a vegetarian nearly 8 years now, Theres lots of things that provide your protein, such as Lentils, rice, beans, soy, oats, peanut butter, yogurt (soy yogurt or dairy) hummus and whole grains.
  6. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

im thinking about going vegetarian, they stuff animals with all sorts of chemicals to make them bigger and age quicker and that can't be healthy to eat. But im already pretty underweight so might wait until i can put on a bit of weight first
  7. mixedemotions

Pad.. its a good idea to put a bit weight on first... when i first bcame vege I lost a lot of weight but it equaled out again within a couple of weeks.

When i first turned vegetarain I thought it was gonna be really hard, but it wasnt that bad.

At first I still carved some meats (like sausage and kebabs whilst drunk lol) but now even the smell of meat makes me feel sick. I cant bare to touch it and when I do I have to wash my hands. its disgusting.

I live in a mixed housing... there is 3 meat eaters than me. my dad is a chef so i often get the "unhealthy" chat .... but this is my life.

Once in the new year. going full strict vege is going to be hard. But im determaned to do it :smile:

I cant wait to be honest.
  8. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

Im a vegetarian! but not by choice...its wierd I just cant eat meat. Its embarrassing sometimes first dates at fancy resuarants where the only thing thats isnt meat is the side salad!:tongue:
  9. mixedemotions

i went for lunch with a friend the other day and she forgot i was vegetarain until i asked if they did any suitable..

after that she felt really guilty. it was strange she made me laugh. she fussed over me and asked to speak to the chef, to make sure it was all done propa and stuff.

her fussin made me feel silly but i loved the attention lol :tongue:
  10. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

back to kind of veggie whilst preggers but back to vegan once its born. meat eating is gross ugh
  11. mixedemotions

i did not know you were pregnant!

x :hug: x
  12. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

thank you.. indeed i am.. 4 3/4 months
  13. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

I'm vegan:smile:
  14. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Add me to the Vegan list. For those who still feel addicted to meat, some vegan producers make mock meat, that is, Vegan chicken nuggets, Vegan fish. What's clever is the use of Soy Beans to "duplicate" meat by duplicating its texture. Many people are fooled by the Mock-meat because of the texture. And if they get fooled, then they can feel satisfied too. At the stores here, the one I regularly buy is the brand "Morning Farms." Maybe some of you other Vegans can make other suggestions.
  15. mixedemotions

I try to eat quorn alot, but the budget is tight (like at the moment) i settle for Asda's own vegetarain foods. some of them are really nice, espesh there
    chicken keve style fillets.. they have a lot of garlic is... so if your not a big fan of garlic be aware. but i think they are gorgeous :)
  16. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I don't eat meat but sometimes i do eat milk products,so i am not vegan i guess.
  17. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah but sometimes i eat cods tunas and mackerals :hiding:
    i drink soya milk cos i'm allergic to the other milk although i do eat cheese which has cows milk in it.

i don't think i got enough protein in the past (there's loads of type of protein) and i drink a soya protein shake most days if my dinner is just basic boring vegetables and lentil type stuff. (lentils i think only have a certain type of protein in them). so i get around 20-30g protein a day while before i think i'd get under 8 g a day. i eat loads of vegetables and fruits if i don't i feel like shit, just how my body is i think :dunno: if i don't i'm actually making a lot of food with salad, vegetables and things, it's like i'm used to it or something...
  18. xxicedragonxx

xxicedragonxx Well-Known Member

i switch from vegetarian to vegan... a lot.

i used to have a hard time resisting the brownines and chocolate...

but i learned self control.. maybe a little too much.. :)
  19. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

no, but I want to be, any tips on how to start?
  20. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

i love vegetarian food but i can't eat it everyday. but it's good that u decided to do it for the animals.