Is any relationship worth comitting suicide over?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by A_pixie, Jan 28, 2009.

1. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I'll need a damn good reason to stay alive if he ends it with me.

I'm serious I'll be so crushed if he ends it I'm not sure if I can take it.

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No. But there will be hurt feelings, and feelings make people want to die...

Although there will be inevitable heartbreak (if you cared a lot for the person), the person you're in a relationship with isn't a deity or a god, you never know how that relationship would have turned into if you'd been with them 40 years....maybe then, it would have got to the stage when you couldn't bear to be around the person, much rather than feeling like you'd want to die over them?

But, I do think feelings like this is understandable especially if there's trust that you feel has been broken and you've given trust to someone. And if you've found someone and you think wow, I just love this person and I can't bear to lose them.

I've dealt with loss , personally a lot all my life so I'm used to it. Maybe it's harder for someone who isn't, though, I don't know.

I hope that helped somewhat.

3. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i honestly dont think any relationship is worth ending your life over. i know there will be so much pain and torment inside of you if there is a split but i think it will be the grief of the end of the relationship churned up inside mixed with feelings of that your own heart has been broken. but no one has a right to break your heart to the point where suicide should feel like an option

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

No it isn't.

6. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Nope.

7. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

would give them too much satisfaction knowing that you killed yourself over them. don't stroke their ego like that.

8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

No person should have that much power over another person. I know you probably love him, but he will not be the last boyfriend you have. I don't think that a relationship that ends is a reason to commit suicide. I think it's a reason to move on from him and find someone better even if your heart and mind feels that he was the best. :hug:

9. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

It was with Romeo and Juliet. Probably a rhetorical question and your looking for the reinforcement of people saying "no it isn't!". I feel that way - not to punish her but because I have realized that for me it doesn't matter how strong I am she pervades my thoughts and I don't want to go on living without her.

10. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

would be fun to have a girlfrend but i can manage without one, i hit periods of depression about never having one but i just have to hold on till they blow over.

11. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

The bad feeling you get when a relationship ends
    is a natural evolutionary reaction that suppose to force you from loosing relations.
    See it as a simpla defance mechanisem and fight it like its a headake
    My bet is that after few weeks of depression you will come out fine

But one more thing, if you can do anything to prevant the relation from crashing
    I think you should considre diong it.

12. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

No!!!

Lea :hug:

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

what if it's a damaging relationship?

14. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Well then dont do it

15. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

No, quite possibly homicide as in "I want to kill my roommate",:eek:ld:

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Not at all.

There's plenty more fish in the sea :)

If he does end the relationship, therapy can help you cope with the outcome :hug:

17. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

truly, your identity doesnt depend of this relationship. the loss may be painful, but a loss in that regard can open the door for gain.

if you actively define yourself with a relationship, youre setting yourself up for trouble if it ends. certainly not a reason to kill yourself, by any means

18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of people I care about abandon me, and it's crushing every time. I don't know if it's worth commiting suicide over, but it's really fucking painful.

19. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

No they arnt, but i almost did... when you split with someone, its almost like they have died... the pain and heartache one can feel, is almost unexplainable

its even worse, when you are still madly in love with them, but they arnt you...

but you have to realise, if that is the case, then it obviously was'nt meant to be, you need to remember the good times you had, then move on...... easier said then done, but im proof it can happen..

20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Ugh, I'm sorry for posting. I don't know what the fuck I was trying to accomplish, but I'll stop and stay out of your threads in the future.