Is Anybody Else like this?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Illusion, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anybody is like me since I feel like its just me and my family thats like this. I get bored of people after a short amount or time or even after a long time. Like I'll be friends with people for a few years but then get tired of them and move on to other people. I hate being this way cause it hurts people. It also makes it hard for me to keep a boyfriend cause I get tired of whoever I date usually after a couple of weeks. Maybe all this is cause I haven't found the right kind of people yet? Its confusing cause we can be so close, happy, and have a lot in common but I get tired of them. Whats ironic is I never hardly get tired of any family members. Its just friends and partners mainly. I've been through about 10 best friends probably in my life that we would both say it would last forever but now they're long gone and we both don't give a crap about each other anymore. So yeah, sorry about my ramble. The question is, do you get tired of people like I do no matter how close you are to them? Or am I just naturally mean like that. =(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
  2. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

I often get bored of people - but mine is a bit more short term - like, one day all I'll want to do is hear about this person's life, and then the next day everything they say is BORING and trivial and means nothing. I change best friends every couple of years (I haven't had a partner for awhile coz I'm too unstable). I can also be having a great time over lunch with one person and then something swings and all of a sudden I'm tired of talking to them and wish they would just LEAVE (even half way though a meal!). I often get bored of new people relatively quickly - long term friends, even if I'm bored, I keep around because it's harder for me to hurt people I know well - new ones I can move on and there's no attachment there yet. It stops me making new friends though, which is the downside.

Sorry I rambled, but yes, I know what you're talking about and I empathise.

3. Illusion

Interesting. I'm like that to by the way. One day I'll wanna hear all about a certain person and talk all day to them. The next day I'll wish that they would shut up and leave me alone. Even having lunch I'm the same way as you mentioned. I'll be so happy to see them but then start to doze off in my own thoughts from their boredom. It doesn't help the fact that I'm a loner and don't prefer that much social interaction with people in general.

4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I would say I'm somewhat like this. Although I don't 'require' an awful lot of social interaction. I'd blame the anxiety for that which has made me introverted to an extent. I have minimal social skills, this could be because I don't talk an awful lot. I tend to suppress the majority of what I say, and I won't even notice I'm doing it. After a while you just stop talking. Some people ask me why I'm so quiet. People are just to much fucking work at times. For me, it's a lot easier to deal with shit on my own, if other people fuck off. I'm more of a listener than a talker. Depending on what topic of course, but most of the chit-chat crap kids my age are on about I don't care for.

I wouldn't really say I have friends. I only meet one or so people outside of school(every couple of months). And he doesn't even go to my school, we went to primary school 4 odd years ago together. I don't meet anyone outside of school that I go to school with. I find the majority of the kids there are just repulsive or seem to be too energetic/spontaneous. Where as you could probly class me as more laid back. I'm perfectly fine just spending a whole weekend lazing around the house, maybe going to the shops for something or seeing a movie once every millenia(lol). Everyone else seems to have their weekends full of crap - stuff I wouldn't even bother doing. Like going to a shopping centre and 'hanging out'. I don't see the point in going to the shops to 'hang out', I only go to the shops to get what ever crap I require and head on home. But this dilemma could be linked to my social phobia/anxiety which makes me feel uncomfortable and/or vulnerable in public places etc.

Wow, why the fuck do I always end up typing a fucking life story every time I feel like replying to a thread? :sigh: :laugh:. Anyway, what I'm 'attempting' to convey is that I don't get attached to people very often, or I'm too boring for them(99.23% of the time :)), or I like them and they don't like me - or for some fucked up reason they like me but I don't like them(happens in various different situations). That and the fact that no one really knows how I feel anyway. So all in all, I don't bother doing much because unless you're fine with exceedingly boring/borderline depressive people that are very quiet - you wouldn't 'hang out' with me.

[/end life story that seems to get repeated every time I reply to a fucking thread *facepalm*]

5. Illusion

lol. I love when you reply to my threads cause you're so much like me and that makes me feel good. I think my first post made it sound like I'm very social and outgoing when with all honesty I'm not. I don't really have any friends and the ones that say they are my friends I barely hear from them enough to consider them one back. I just like having 'acquaintances' or 'pals' to randomly talk to when I feel like it. Just people to talk to and not get to attached to since it requires to much social interaction to have friends, besties, etc. They'll always want me to come over, go out somewhere, spend the night, and other stuff I don't like doing much due to my social issues. Sure I enjoy doing that stuff every now and then (except spending the night, I've never liked spending the night in other peoples homes!), but when they want to do that kind of stuff 24/7, it bugs me cause I need my solitude and space from them. I also start to grow tired of them to a point where they annoy me. I guess this is why I have online/texting pals mainly instead of any friends at school or around here cause if I wanna talk I just log on or turn my phone on, but if I don't, then I stay offline and don't turn my phone on and still remain where I'm comfy. I do have one good buddy I text though and call a lot and his name is Brian. We both are so similar so we never annoy each other and never judge each other if one of us was to grow quiet for a while.

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

7. Illusion

NOTE: You know who I'm referring to. If you're reading this, it isn't cause of you or about you okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.