Is anybody listening?

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Sadeyes, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The context of this poem is the night I am laying in a bed in a nursing home, waiting for this horrific human to respond to the buzzer to empty the bedpan, knowing when she comes in, she will attempt to humiliate me and I cannot respond, because she holds my fate for the next day...I wrote this poem to get through the night:

Where is my G-d?
    It is dark here
    and I am alone.

Pray for me.
    My voice is faint,
    and my faith
    is waning.
  2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:hug: sadeyes

I understand what that feeling of helplesness and despair is like( so much worse in your case)...I hate hospitals for that very reason...
    I'm so sorry you had to go through all that..
  3. Smilie46

Smilie46 Well-Known Member

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

ashamed of such professionals as they shoudl know that you are already suffering and do not need thier dumb ass comments. I am sorry that they are treating you so badly.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Somehow you do what you have to ...I wanted the therapy and put up with the rest..thanks all, J
  7. total eclipse

yeh but thats just it you should not have to put up with anything and i would get names of the nurses and report them to whoever is in charge because that will hopefully make them aware of their actions and get them to change to being a proper carer
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You can do that after you leave but while you are a prisoner, you cannot say anything or they do not give you your meals, abuse you when they wash you, etc.
  9. total eclipse

Oh hell no You tell them all you want respect and proper care and if you do not get it you will report them No one no one deserves to be treated like you say no one should feel threatened to speak up when care is not given appropriately. leave an anonymous note to head nurses office then but it should be stopped. I hope you are out of there soon i wish you a quick recovery and home where you will heal faster then. take care Sadeyes i am sorry you feel like a prisoner it is not right.
  10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am out V...have been home for 2 months and now writing (not sure what to call it) to talk about the horrors...ilu, J
  11. total eclipse

glad your home now yourthere send a letter to head hospital telling them the horrors you endured let someone know so others do not have to go thru that okay i have tried in my profession to teach the younger ones that it is the basic skills that help pts heal the time taken to listen to really see to touch it is those skills that are more impt. I know all too well how hectic and busy a floor can get but there is absolutly no reason to mistreat a pt emotional or physically When you can take time just write to head of dept and let them know how you felt you don't even have to put your name to it hell write it in a poem but make sure your voice is heard.
  12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I did...they sent me home with no discharge plan, virtually no follow up care and did not even call to see if I was alive...all of this has been reported and an official complaint was one of the worst experiences of my life and all of that was because I wanted more physical therapy...I am concerned that more sub-acute services are like this...J
  13. total eclipse

wow hope you get the word around to not go to that hospital again. Is the outpatient therapy you can go to thru the day then come home at night I am glad you wrote hospital and maybe someone will listen and change the way they treat people and add an aftercare plan as well follow up is so important
    I am sorry the system yet again failed.
  14. 41021

41021 Banned Member

**holding you**
    I don't want you to be or feel alone :n:
    You are such an amazing human being. You deserve the utmost care, respect, and dignity honored.

After the horrors i too experienced, i firmly believe everyone needs an
    advocate with them whether hospital, rehab center, nursing home, etc.
    Even someone you may connect with on the phone.

Oh gawd, you should never be alone in a situation like that. I am so so sorry. I would have at least connected on the telephone or via text :sad:

How are you doing now? Do you need anything?

15. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am doing much better...had many ppl visit when I let them and was there for the matter how well protected you are, you are going to find ppl who do not serve with their hearts...after leaving, I feel very sad for them and much happier to be me (warts and all)...thanks for your caring...J
  16. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

*Quietly weeps inwardly*

Here to talk if you need....

17. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

In Limbo: Doing much better now, thanks...but thank you for your gracious offer...J

One night a new aide was assigned to me...she was young and actually hate, no ill intent...there to help...probably the first like her in the two weeks I had been there...that night, I wrote this poem:

New In Town

Salute the wings of the angel
    to save me from this hell.

If only for a moment
    I feel alive and well.

Rejoice the sounds of the angel
    in her voice I hear delight

The writhing pain inside of me
    has left for this one night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.