Is anybody there?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ArgumentGuy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ArgumentGuy

ArgumentGuy Active Member

Is there anybody out there, or am I just posting on this forum for the sake of posting?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Sure there are people out there...what is going on?
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Lots of us read regularly - talk to us...

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, there's lots of people here to listen. What's going on, are you ok?
  5. Samara

Samara Account Closed

Sometimes posting for the sake of posting can be useful to people; depends on what the person needs. I am not that mature yet, to be at that level though, where just getting it out, anywhere...even if not really heard, is useful to me. Feels fruitless when I do that.

You may be interested to know what specifically brought me to your post though... it was your username. A "friend" of mine, used to do something similar to your name for fun, and it just sounds like "him". I sort of am drawn to check out things that remind me of him. (He's not a bad memory).
  6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I am here. I'm alive. I see your post. What's up?
  7. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Hope you're ok? This is a good safe place to talk with so many kind & caring people here I hope you soon feel at home & able to find the kind of support you're
    Take care
  8. ArgumentGuy

ArgumentGuy Active Member

Thanks for all the responses.

Here's why i put this post up: recently, I've been posting issues, problems, feelings, various things on here, and the response has really been crickets. Which really doesn't feel good.

There's very few places that i can turn at this time for support, and SF is one of the very few where I could expect someone to care. Posting on a website called "Suicide Forum" and getting nothing in response is almost worse than being berated and insulted; at least, when that happens, you know someone's out there.

I'm not looking for a miracle. I'm really not. I'm just looking for people who will hold out their hand when I fall down.
  9. lostbutnotfound

lostbutnotfound Well-Known Member

Hey ArgumentGuy,

I'm sorry that you feel this way. I can completely relate to this post and the associated worries and feelings about feeling inadequate and uncared for. I. for one, hardly ever post on peoples threads. Not because I don't care, but because a) at the moment I can't really think straight to offer anyone advice, b) I suffer paranoia which makes it difficult to post publicly because I worry about what others will think of me, and c) I don't always know what to say to people who are hurting. I'm pretty shit with the advice to be honest. It's not because I don't care, it's because I don't have the answer, no matter how much I wish I did.

On a site like this, while it's good to be somewhere where you know people will relate, where you know you won't be judged, it can be tricky because everyone here is struggling with their own stuff and can find it near-on impossible to reach out to others. I've had threads in the past that have received one reply, and admittedly that makes me feel shit and I worry that I'm hated, especially when I see other threads that have a lot of replies, but at the end of the day I have to try and bear in mind that everyone is going through shit here, and to try and not take it personally. I genuinely do understand how difficult that can be though, it sucks. But please don't think that people don't care. I don't even know you but I care for your wellbeing.

I am sorry that things feel so terrible for you at the moment. I hope you can find some solace somewhere. I also really hope you continue to reach out and express what is going on for you.

Please take care of yourself,