Is anyone at fault?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by absolution, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

What do you think....when someone attempts suicide....who is at fault?
    I say this because i got in a tiff over it..

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

my opinon...no one...

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I don't see it as a question of "fault." Fault implies a judgment - a negative judgment at that. I think we are responsible for our own choices and actions, regardless of what motivates us.

Just my opinion.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

the person who commits suicide makes that decision....sometimes there's nothing we can do to stop them but it's not our fault...
    Sam you did the best you could don't blame yourself and don't let others blame you..
    it wasn't your fault....

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I agree with both statements.

Often there is a diminished mental capacity operating when a person commits suicide.

Also, you are not at fault, since you did everything possible to help this person.

In the end, no one was at fault.

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I feel like it is my fault...i mean i was starting to believe it wasnt then he had to open his mouth...i just feel so guilty. :cry:

7. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm just repeating what other people are saying. No one's at fault for a suicide. You can't control someone's behavior, and sometimes people just can't cope.

If anything, it's simply a tragedy on all ends.

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I really like how you put that :hugtackles:

9. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Heh, thanks.
    A long time ago, I searched "suicide", and the first results basically said it like this (well, far more eloquently than I).

10. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

its good :) and true :)

11. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I'm sure when it's all said and done with I'd always assume that others would place the fault on themselves, granted of course I know it isn't their fault. Perhaps that holds me back.. good thing though... I suppose? hmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.