is anyone else dreading there birthday?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cownes, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Are you dreading your birthday?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Not bothered

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

does the thought of having another birthday fill u with dread?? its only goign to be my 16th b day and im already dreading it, ( 4 days now) im not sure why but i am!

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Man I would give anything to be 16 again. I just had my 26th birthday and I was dreading it from the moment I turned 25...

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm 52 and I have all kinds of feelings regarding my birthday. Nowadays, it's a day for my family to swat my behind and an excuse to eat cake. We just ham it up.

4. Daydreams

Daydreams Well-Known Member

...yer, not looking forward to it no one to celebrate with :mellow:

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You can always celebrate your birthday here with us. :hug:

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, definitely...21 :dry:

7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'll be turning 21 next year. I've always hated my birthday since i was like 13 because it meant I was getting older, no longer a child, having to take on more responsibility. But now I'm looking forward to it. :dunno: :laugh:

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

What I hate most is looking at my peers and realising I haven't achieved anything for someone of my age. I think that's gotta be the only bad thing about it really.
    If it was just getting older I wouldn't mind so much. But I hate seeing people I went to school with or meeting others who are in the 20 - 29 bracket and are married or have partners, have children, degrees, careers, interesting lives, hobbies and interests, have travelled, bought their own houses or at least moved out and aren't suffering with debilitating depression. All that sort of thing you're 'supposed' to do as an adult.
    I've done none of it. :(

9. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

Yes i hate my birthday, havent had a birthday party in over 8 years :sad:

10. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I just hate being the center of attention, that's why Ive never had a bday party and dont like my bday. It means suddenly Im important, only for the reason for my bday, no other day of the year am I centered out like that. Makes it feel like it's mandatory or something to celebrate my bday, even tho others may not want to or something.

11. Fdt

Fdt Well-Known Member

Even before I became depressed I always used to cry on my birthday, not dread it, but always cried on the day.

Now I dread it, cos when it comes I think about everyone else's birthday where they have parties and have fun, and all thier friends do something together for them.
    I only got 1 real friend and they forgot my birthday last time, I didn't say anything cos I didn't want to be rude and they only realised a month later when it showed my age on a forum we both use.

My next birthday is my 18th and I know I will cry a lot on that day because it's supposed to be where you have a big party and you celebrate becoming an adult, but a party with just 1 or 2 people doesn't really work.

I'm thinking of not mentioning to anybody when my birthday is so it's less embarassing.