Is anyone else ENRAGED at this!!!?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ryanglander, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

I'm reffering to the sites (not this one) and resources that not only encourage suicide but actually go into details on how exactly to do it.

I recently found a resource (I'm trying to be as vague as possible) that showed me an easy way to commit suicide and to die painlessly. If I never found this I probably would not have planned a date and started gathering the (easy to obtain) resources to commit suicide.

Whats bad is the person who created this resource claims it is used for older terminally ill people, yet the country this resource was published in has one of the highest suicide rates amoung youth. This is like everyone else in my life. This person is trying to hurt people while making it look like he is trying to mercy-kill terminally ill people.

Has anyone else run across such resources?
  2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

His desires dont affect mine, so who gives a ****.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I've looked quite a few times. Can't say I've ever really found anything.

I must be looking in the wrong places.
  4. darkeyes

darkeyes Well-Known Member

I don't know of the particular sites you're speaking of but

I used to go to pro-suicide sites during my first suicidal episode when I was only 13 and looking for the easiest way to do it, finding many methods which I consider to this day.

There's another one for a bridge in my city which has one of the highest rate of jumpers and they bet on when the next jump will be. There is at least one a month. I find it pretty damn sick, these people clearly don't understand mental illness as they treat it like it's a cowardly act and that one chooses to be ill and are doing it for attention.

I suggest not checking those sorts of sites out, they can be quite triggering and life threatening.
  5. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

I've only ever come across anti-suicide and suicide help websites during my searches; however, I can't say that I see the point to websites that "instruct" people as to how they may commit suicide. I didn't think people necessarily needed guides when it came to self-obliteration... actually, I think the types of sites you're talking about would be absolutely ridiculous if I ever actually found one... probably enough to get a laugh out of me. Still, I'm sure they are floating around out there, and if so then the people who created them obviously weren't thinking.
  6. ryanglander

Your wrong. They were thinking. The "resource/s" that I'm reffering shows how anyone can commit suicide easily. And a lot of thought went into thinking and even testing out these methods. The resource I'm reffering to was published by a doctor, this person was thinking, and he knew what he was doing.
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I know I said earlier that I'd never found any sites but I do recall seeing one site a while back, I found it very triggering at the time. It too provided very reliable methods but at the same time I felt that whoever had created the site was pretty much taking the piss out of vunerable people. I can't remember the specifics of what had been posted but I didn't like it much, that's what I get though for googling such things.
  8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

im 99% sure i know what "resource"/book you are talking about and if so its been discussed in the media and having a quick check on wikipedia about it brings up enough methods there.

the book is targeted towards older, terminally ill people and is not just a 'how-to' - it discusses the morality of it, has bits about how it effects relatives (e.g. there was a bit about a wife helping her ill husband die and how it saddened her that he died, she was happy that he was finally free from the pain etc) and other stuff like that as well.

anyway, im not bothered by this or any sites like it because if you really wanted to kill yourself, you wouldnt need these sites anyway. its simple enough to figure out how you can die, many people do it and i doubt they all visit these sites or read books to find out how.
  9. Vanq

Vanq Active Member

Enraged? Huh? I'm GLAD these resources exist. You may have accidentally stumbled across the info and decided to blame it for your own choices, but there are those who actively seek out the same info. These sites are the only ones willing to provide it. They're putting their necks on the line to provide a public service. Suicide isn't something you leave to chance, or learn how to do by trial and error.
  10. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

Can't say that I'm really enraged. People are responsible for their own decisions. If people are going to do it anyway, they may as well have information on how to do it as painlessly as possible. Nobody just searches "suicide methods" for no reason.
  11. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Please don't bait me into asking for the :laugh:
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I can't say I am enraged but it saddens me a great deal that there are people willing to assist someone in this way. Sometimes too much information is a dangerous thing.
  13. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I found such sites to be a deterrent honestly. I'm not an attractive man, but my vanity is near herculean levels. I'm not enraged, but I do find it frustratingly irresponsible to not bring the issues of the negative effects of suicide on friends and family. It is a bit like describing rape as a purely physical stress without notice of the emotional aspect as well.
  14. Hotwaffles

Hotwaffles Member

Eh, not really enraged, just curious where I can find this site :rolleyes:
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't think people should suffer. And I think all decisions OUGHT to be selfish decisions. This philosophy has been around for a very long time, most noteably codified in Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations...

In short, you're responsible for your own happiness, and I don't believe that everyone can be happy. If someone were to approach me for methods advice, I would help to the best of my ability.

[Note: that's why I'm under moderation]
  16. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think every person has a right to take their own life, so I am not.

:laugh: same here
  17. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

No, I am not ENRAGED at all. People are responsible for their own acts. I believe in totally unrestricted information being available to all people.
  18. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

I'll bite

can someone PM the link to me please?
  19. ryanglander

Sorry. I can't.
  20. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

im not going to send you it but its very easy to find (see my previous post about wikipedia).

seriously, methods are out there but please dont act on them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.