Is anyone here able to help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wraithx, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wraithx

wraithx New Member

I am writing in case someone here can help. I feel suicidal (again) and I don't know what to do. I went to a psychiatrist yesterday and he said I should get therapy and will recommend someone, but now the next day I want to die again.

I was in hospital three weeks ago because I took an overdose of sleeping pills. Someone please tell me what I can do to make this stop!
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish I had the answers you need to make this all stop, but I don't. It takes time and a great deal of effort to overcome these types of feelings. Make sure you are not alone. You should find a therapist as was suggested to you. Sometimes talking about things can help a great deal. i do not know what your background is, so I am unable to offer you coping techniques in this area. I can tell you to try and find something to distract yourself. If you are busy and not able to wander around in your own mind, it may help. Take precautions to make sure you remain safe. Call a friend, flush pills, whatever it takes. You have taken a giant leap in posting and asking for help. That is the first step. If you feel you truly are in danger, call a crisis line. I wish for you to stya safe. You can PM any of a number of us if you wish to talk. I am sure you will be answered as quickly as is possible. Take care and let me know how you are doing. :hug:
  3. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I hear your pain. Many of us have been there, and it's a hideous experience. The good news is we've also come out on the other side. To get some temporary respite, a couple of valium might help. Keep up with the psychiatrist. All the best.
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hang in there hun, the psychiatrist has said they will recommend a therapist for you, wait for that and then grab it with both hands.
    You will feel black periods still (Rome wasnt built in a day) when they hit come here and scream for help, we'll sit with you till it passes.
  5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Hmmm well this sort of thing takes time. I know I am trying to make things better for me myself. But I still drop in and out of suicidal feelings and depression.

Start off small try doing something you enjoy doing everyday. For me I try and play video games everyday for at least 30 min. And I watch anime everyday. Then work on something you want to fix about yourself. For me it is my physical appearance. Luckily I am into DDR so I kill 2 birds with one stone there.

It is a slow process you just have to resist these desires.
  6. Jodi

Jodi Staff Alumni

I agree with GL....but getting yourself connected with the right therapist is gonna be a major help for you....keep up with the psychiatrist too...hes important to keep in the loop.....if you ever need to talk, dont hesitate to give someone a shout out too....please take things one day at a time....and lean on us as much as you want thinking of you.....-Jodi
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I was wondering how you were doing? Are you feeling any better about things? Keep us updated, we care about you. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.