Is dangerous behaviour still considered suicidal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PlasticSmile, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlasticSmile

PlasticSmile New Member

OK, this may not be a big deal to most anyone, but I have always been taught that you should never use the gas oven to heat the house because of a leak and so on.

I have been having serious suicidal ideation, and I do take medication. But last night....

I used the oven to heat the house and when I went to bed, I didn't turn it off on purpose. I actually kinda hoped that it would leak.

And with that on my mind, I went to sleep with no worries.

It scares me because I would never normally do that. Ever. I am on meds for panic attacks related to death and dying. I have been for years and they do a great job of that. I'm sick of taking medicine and now one of my meds to help me function and stay awake and take care of my family-- it's not covered with insurance because hypersomnia isn't that big of a deal I suppose. Even though I can and do sleep 18 or more hours a day without meds.

So, how can I go to sleep peacefully hoping that I wouldn't wake up? I haven't been TOO afraid of myself, even though I've been idealizing suicide for a couple months. I have always known I wouldn't really do it. But.....

What is THAT called? It's not a suicide attempt, so what is it? I don't know how serious something like that is, or if it can lead to something else.

2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Hi

What it's called is a simple word . . . Depression ! And extreme !

Welcome to the site. You are with friends now. We all love and care for each other here. We don't judge and we are here to support you !

Have you seeked help from your doctor or requested any form of councelling from your doctor ?

Please stay with us ! We do care for you.

Stay safe

Jay x

PS. Read a number of postings . . . we are all in the same boat !

3. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

it's weird. i've been engaging in dangerous behaviour lately and i think its because i'm trying to kill myself but am too much of a coward to actually do it. i've been driving eratically, passing in dangerous places, and thinking of "accidentally" falling down the stairs and not holding up my hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.