1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is dangerous behaviour still considered suicidal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PlasticSmile, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlasticSmile

PlasticSmile New Member

OK, this may not be a big deal to most anyone, but I have always been taught that you should never use the gas oven to heat the house because of a leak and so on.

I have been having serious suicidal ideation, and I do take medication. But last night....

I used the oven to heat the house and when I went to bed, I didn't turn it off on purpose. I actually kinda hoped that it would leak.

And with that on my mind, I went to sleep with no worries.

It scares me because I would never normally do that. Ever. I am on meds for panic attacks related to death and dying. I have been for years and they do a great job of that. I'm sick of taking medicine and now one of my meds to help me function and stay awake and take care of my family-- it's not covered with insurance because hypersomnia isn't that big of a deal I suppose. Even though I can and do sleep 18 or more hours a day without meds.

So, how can I go to sleep peacefully hoping that I wouldn't wake up? I haven't been TOO afraid of myself, even though I've been idealizing suicide for a couple months. I have always known I wouldn't really do it. But.....

What is THAT called? It's not a suicide attempt, so what is it? I don't know how serious something like that is, or if it can lead to something else.

2. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Hi

What it's called is a simple word . . . Depression ! And extreme !

Welcome to the site. You are with friends now. We all love and care for each other here. We don't judge and we are here to support you !

Have you seeked help from your doctor or requested any form of councelling from your doctor ?

Please stay with us ! We do care for you.

Stay safe

Jay x

PS. Read a number of postings . . . we are all in the same boat !

3. daniel2

daniel2 Banned Member

it's weird. i've been engaging in dangerous behaviour lately and i think its because i'm trying to kill myself but am too much of a coward to actually do it. i've been driving eratically, passing in dangerous places, and thinking of "accidentally" falling down the stairs and not holding up my hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.