Is David Cameron a hero now or still an arse?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Kaos General, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Seems he has grew some balls and told germany to go suck on it, i am a bit confused though as to why he is now acknowledged as some kind of hero. Someone please explain why.

2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

hi wayne,i find it all a bit scary really,time will tell if he's made the right decision.I'm just wondering if europe will do their best to make sure we face some tough times ahead and freeze us out of all kinds trading oppotunities in the future.It seems from my limited knowledge that if the euro fails as a currency,the blame is gonna lie with britain.I dont have faith in any politician or party,history has shown them all to be self serving,lying ego maniacs.We all bail the banks out and everyone's baying for blood yet the bankers and traders carry on with their champagne lifestyles and huge bonus's.Why were their bonus's not cut when they caused all this? im guessing because when all the top poloticians retire from polotics they are given posititions on the board of those financial institutions.Sorry ive gone off on a tangent,Cameron a hero? I dont see how anybody can claim that until we see the consequences,tough times ahead for sure.

3. foolnomore

foolnomore Well-Known Member

I think he has done the right thing, we always seem to draw the short straw in Europe and I don't see that anything good has come out of it for us. I am old enough to remember long before we entered the Common Market never mind the EU and we seemed to do pretty well then. We were told of all the joys and benefits we would get but none of them seemed to appear all we have got is more rules and regulations . We traded with the world back then and we can do that again . We have never been loved by Europe and never been very welcome ,we were right about the Euro and I think for once the tories have got it right and I am not and never have been a tory supporter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.