is deciding on a method the next step?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by twing, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twing

twing Active Member

I still say im not really sucidal and don't want to die i don't know if that is normal or not but i can't stop thinking about it.
    After a while (year) of thinking / fantasizing about it on and off i have finally decided a method i like, I am not going to talk about methods here but i use to think 'if i did do it i would do it like this' but now i found one i like more and more

the fact i am even here writing this makes me sad, but you know how it is..

2. metamorphosis17

metamorphosis17 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've come to that point where I know exactly how I would do it, how long it would take me to complete it, what I would need, expenses, etc. I have no plan because I am trying to avoid going through with it if at all possible. Right now, I just try not to think about it. But, that didn't work tonight.

I think it is a sign of being at a "higher risk", if you know just exactly what you would do. I do know how it is.

*hugs* if that's ok

3. metamorphosis17

metamorphosis17 Well-Known Member

Sorry, dreaded double post :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  4. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Hey you can share your methods here ....they might hlp others also

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

We are a pro life site so no we do not allow methods so please refrain from discussing them.

To answer the OP. Many people have suicidal ideation where thoughts come and go about how, what happens after etc. But when you have decided on a set method, have the means and set a date it is sign that you should be seeking help because you are a much higher risk of harming yourself.

6. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I don't think deciding on a method you like is necessarily the next step so to speak. A time, date, note, now that's different. A lot of people think about suicide and how they'd like to do it as a sort of coping mechanism, you know, like an escape route sort of thing? It's like you could think about suicide everyday but you don't really want to do it/die in general, you just want to escape the pain you're in at that particular moment. It's kind of the same as dreaming of going to Spain when it's freezing and pouring down outside. I'm not belittling your situation btw or saying that you are not in need of help, just giving another point of view. If you feel like you're getting desperate then please call for help!

7. SarahForgot

SarahForgot Member

Everyone has a natural curiousity for these kinds of things (at least from my experiences), It's okay to think about things like "If i were to do ____, how would I do it?" Do you feel like you want to act on it?

8. twing

twing Active Member

sometimes i just want to escape there is nothing in this life for me anymore. I know life is what you make it but i can't climb out of this hole, well i can, i just cant take the pain in the meantime or find the motivation to try. I have come close before if i moved my finger 1 centimetre more it may have been the end, but i knew i never would.

I planned to try this new thing one night a few weeks ago, it's slow so even if i tried it may never of happened, it's slow, it is like standing on the edge of the cliff and just waiting for the ground to fall from under you and now i have something else to go with it

---------- Post added 12th December 2011 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 11th December 2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

i just realised in my original post i said the past years thinking of it i meant years, i keep thinking dates in my mind but i don't know if i will ever do them right now im thinking if i don't have a job by Christmas i will. I probably won't but i don't know if i can go on much longer

9. Sadspirit

Sadspirit Member

When It comes right down to it...if you want to get it done...you don't call for help. There isn't any help anyway. They would just lock you up until they think you are safe. We are never safe. We are always just a hair's breadth away from it. I get so angry at people who tell me to call crisis, or call 911. Why would I want to do that? They would stop me.

10. earhoe00

earhoe00 Member

I am actually googling suicide videos lately. Some methods are definitely interesting.

11. shub11

shub11 Banned Member

Can u share some painless way to die

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.