Is disappearing any different?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forgotten_Man, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Sometimes I have the urge to just disappear. You know contact the government and legally get a new identity then one night pack up my shit and move. Leave without a trace. Leave behind all my family and friends.

But I wonder which would be better? Me just disappearing or me dying? Honestly I am not sure.

Then I wonder if that would really change anything? You know so what I have a new name it is not like I have a new face or new brain or anything like that. I am still me I am still tied to my past through memories. I am still the person I always was. I am just in a new location after all. It is not like I underwent surgery or mind alterations of some kind to make me into someone new.

So I think, why even bother if I am only going to be able to escape myself through legal documents not through the removal of my personality. Any thoughts?
  2. Neither. :hug:
  3. Forgotten_Man

Well right now dying is looking much easier and cheaper.
  4. Well, I'd prefer it if you didn't die.
  5. Forgotten_Man

Either way I will be dead... one is metaphorical the other is literal

6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

You could fake your death, save you doing the paperwork. Memories, iono, lose a fight with a brick wall and hope for amnesia.
  7. Forgotten_Man

I would prefer to do something legal... and not painful
  8. Well, I won't dicuss the method you shared with me yesterday, however, it is possible that method can fail, and you'd be in excruitiating pain. Every method has a chance of failure. So, what I'd do is just live out life. And don't let that girl get to you either. She's not worth it. You can find someone else, just give it time.

Give life time.
  9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I so want to just disappear, keep thinking how liberating it would be to be anonomous and elsewhere...but what happens when you start missing the people you left behind:unsure: what happens when you start worrying about whats going on with them and you can't come back because you've burnt all your bridges..So guess I'm stuck with being me.:sad:
  10. Imperfection

Imperfection Guest

If I disappeared it would defeat the purpose of why I was sad... I just want to be liked and to accomplish something. No matter if I was another person or not I'd still have that feeling. The other case I wouldn't have to worry about anything anymore. I just know wither way would hurt the people around me.
  11. Forgotten_Man

Umm... right... could you from now on keep some of our conversations to yourself and not post them in the threads I make?

I guess we all have to make a choice. Me personally what others feel or care about will not affect me because I am burning the bridges and I cannot get back

Can't you accomplish that with another persona?
  12. Whatever.

I'll tell you one thing before I shut up;

If you think killing yourself will make things better, you're very wrong.
  13. Pete_D_LDN

Pete_D_LDN Guest

I thought about dissappearing but soon realised that my problem was me and would still be there, just with even less than I have now
  14. Forgotten_Man

I guess I am asking if I should burn all bridges making the only problems those in my memories.... but then again I cannot change who I really am no matter how hard I try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.