Is flying to a job interview worth it?

An airline invited me to attend a group interview. Problem is they are all out of state and not on the weekend. I'm worried about spending so much on a ticket and not getting hired.

An airline invited me to attend a group interview. Problem is they are all out of state and not on the weekend. I'm worried about spending so much on a ticket and not getting hired.
I work in Aviation and every time I've been interviewed out of town, they pay the airfare and often a hotel room. Check with the recruiting person. This could be a good thing! Do you mind saying what airline? I've worked for a couple.

BarryW

SF Supporter
I haven't done an out of state interview yet myself but, when I was at an interview this week I ran into someone else who was applying, who had flown in from several states away. Whatever that counts for!

They are solid. Been around 70s. Associated with United, Delta, Alaska Airlines as feeders. Their biggest affiliation is with United. I would guess that they would pick up your airfare and hotel. Would you be going to Utah for the interview?

Strongly suggest you call the recruiter and ask about transportation and lodging! This could be a very good thing!

They are solid. Been around 70s. Associated with United, Delta, Alaska Airlines as feeders. Their biggest affiliation is with United. I would guess that they would pick up your airfare and hotel. Would you be going to Utah for the interview?

Strongly suggest you call the recruiter and ask about transportation and lodging! This could be a very good thing!
I'll be going to California.

I'm sort of reconsidering though. I want to travel, but at the same time I want a cat or two. I know it will be difficult to do both. But I already booked the flight and hotel. If I don't go I'll pretty much be wasting money.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Just wanted to wish you luck on the interview...i too have paid to go to interview awhile ago and think was able to claim cost on taxes which helped a bit...but not sure about that now. Sending you positive thoughts

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Just wanted to check in with you as wasn't sure if you'd had the interview yet....sending you hugs...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00