• yes

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • no

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darken

I believe there is a god, not 100% sure but i'm agnostic leaning towards that there is a higher power in the universe. Life makes no sense from an atheistic point of view, world came from nowhere with no purpose, consciousness just popped out of nowhere, the end. Well I think there is a purpose, life is no accident, consciousness was implanted, and there is other realms(dimensions i guess) in this universe. There is so much we don't know about the universe, in time we will though. THere are some things modern science just can't prove yet. It is extremely arrogant to think we could totally comprehend the most advanced being in the whole universe the way we are now(if it exists). I know there will be some atheist coming saying I don't understand their views or evolution or the bigbang blah blah etcetera(the same shit religious people do, if you don't believe in what i believe you just don't understand it and you're not smart and or there is some thing wrong with you). I used to be an atheist nihilist.

What is the purpose though. Well each life has meaning too it, we take all our experiences back to our higher selves, our spirit rejoins our soul. So each life we grow closer to god. The more humans evolve the more away from the dark side of life we will be. The bad side or dark side of life I call it, is how it is now, war corruption cruelty etcetera. We will evolve from this into the light side of existence of peace , loving society, more connectedness, psychic abilities are the norm, space travel and contact with other races from other planets etcetera. THis is my speculation, I read a ton of different stories from all kinds of different subjects and this makes the most sense to me so far.

see

I believe there is a god, not 100% sure but i'm agnostic leaning towards that there is a higher power in the universe. Life makes no sense from an atheistic point of view, world came from nowhere with no purpose, consciousness just popped out of nowhere, the end. Well I think there is a purpose, life is no accident, consciousness was implanted, and there is other realms(dimensions i guess) in this universe. There is so much we don't know about the universe, in time we will though. THere are some things modern science just can't prove yet. It is extremely arrogant to think we could totally comprehend the most advanced being in the whole universe the way we are now(if it exists). I know there will be some atheist coming saying I don't understand their views or evolution or the bigbang blah blah etcetera(the same shit religious people do, if you don't believe in what i believe you just don't understand it and you're not smart and or there is some thing wrong with you). I used to be an atheist nihilist.

What is the purpose though. Well each life has meaning too it, we take all our experiences back to our higher selves, our spirit rejoins our soul. So each life we grow closer to god. The more humans evolve the more away from the dark side of life we will be. The bad side or dark side of life I call it, is how it is now, war corruption cruelty etcetera. We will evolve from this into the light side of existence of peace , loving society, more connectedness, psychic abilities are the norm, space travel and contact with other races from other planets etcetera. THis is my speculation, I read a ton of different stories from all kinds of different subjects and this makes the most sense to me so far.
Respect your view, here are some links
http://www.bibleuniversity.com/schoolselect.asp
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/media-...Onslaught.html

that migth help if you looking for more answers its just facts what you do with them is up to you :wink:

worlds edge

A big picture reveals the true story understanding and assumptions can not be made with just one or two sentences from a verse or parable.
In sum, you're unable to rebut my quote, correct?

Only in open minded search
Are you "open-minded" in your "search?" My on-line experience has been that whenever someone requests that I be the one with an open mind, it has always meant they have no intention of forthright discussion.

see

In sum, you're unable to rebut my quote, correct?

Are you "open-minded" in your "search?" My on-line experience has been that whenever someone requests that I be the one with an open mind, it has always meant they have no intention of forthright discussion.
Its not my intention to prove you wrong or right just to ask that you do some more searching before you become judge and jury and perhaps miss out on a clearer understanding of a particular subject

i appreciate that we all have different views and once again its not my intension to be confrontational or to dismiss different views to my own, my apologies if it comes about as such. I am open to forthright discussion if you so please to do:smile:

Truth of it is no one truly knows anything. There is faith and belief but neither of which is tangible. However saying that, at one time in the past it would have been ludicrous to believe that tiny creatures so small the human eye cant see them exist on your eyelashes. Then the microscope came along the intangible became tangible. That in itself is a good lesson in keeping an open mind to possibilities. As it stands no one can prove nor disprove god. I am doubtful such a philosophical debate will be resolved here but every one is entitled to their own view on things. But it is just that a personal view. The second a person espouses their view is the only correct view something ugly is born.

see

We can prove history and God is part of history just a thought ......

Would a person be able to make a clear and definite assumption or decision about God if they did not have all the facts. If it could make the difference between life and death as insane far fetched and unlikely as it might seem would it not be worth the exploration?

silo

I feel like i have to believe in god because i feel i need there to be someone taking care of those i've lost. but in truth, i'm not sure at all. i tend to think that god is really just the mystery of the universe in general, and not some omnipotent being. i think that maybe he is the name we have given to great unknown so that we don't feel quite so small.

Darken

I don't see why so many people tie religion and God. I believe in god but dislike religion, I also think it puts a bad image of god into lots of peoples minds. God doesn't care what beliefs you have, he loves every one. How else could god be? How would perfection be? Would it be jealous, judgemental, wrathful? Of course not, those are of a primitive mindset. God is not humanlike, he has no negative emotions. We are like him though, in the sense that our eternal souls are like his. Every creature in the universe makes mistakes. You really think God would expect every one to meet its standards? If that was the case God wouldn't accept/love any one cause every thing in the universe is below it. You can't prove God exists, at least with our current technology, because it is not of this physical world. If it was able to be confined to our natural laws it wouldn't be god, it would just be another creation of nature, and not the other way around where nature is just a creation of god.

I don't see how the universe came into existence with out some intelligent force behind it. Did energy create intelligence or did intelligence create energy? Some people say it is one way or the other, we will never know. To me though it makes no sense with out intelligence consciousness being there first. Did energy decide to create itself into this universe? No cause energy doesn't have consciousness or a mind to think with. "THe natural laws created the universe" Okay but where did those laws come from? They act in an intelligent order. How could their be laws with out a law maker at the beginning of time. Did time have a beginning? When did time decide to start itself.

If some one got ten buckets of paint and threw them at a wall, it would just be a big random mess right? But if we see that some thing like a picasso that appears there it must have been an intelligence. The paint wouldn't start to slowly change itself into a painting over billions of years would it?

Where did god come from then? I can't even think of an answer to that. but we exist so thats what I believe. Why is there some thing rather than nothing?

Why is there evil if god is loving? God just created the universe he doesn't control life like a puppet, that would defeat the purpose of having biological life. Would god control us all like puppets hanging by strings so that we never make mistakes? I think not. When people have a baby for example does the baby come out as intellectually advanced as the parents? No it grows and learns through experience and learns from its mistakes. I believe it is the same with humans. We are growing and learning through experience, trial and error. If we had a perfect set of morals handed to us by god would we even follow them? probably not. I think god doesn't intervene at all. This is my current speculation any ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

white

I don't see why so many people tie religion and God. I believe in god but dislike religion, I also think it puts a bad image of god into lots of peoples minds. God doesn't care what beliefs you have, he loves every one. How else could god be? How would perfection be? Would it be jealous, judgemental, wrathful? Of course not, those are of a primitive mindset. God is not humanlike, he has no negative emotions. We are like him though, in the sense that our eternal souls are like his. Every creature in the universe makes mistakes. You really think God would expect every one to meet its standards? If that was the case God wouldn't accept/love any one cause every thing in the universe is below it. You can't prove God exists, at least with our current technology, because it is not of this physical world. If it was able to be confined to our natural laws it wouldn't be god, it would just be another creation of nature, and not the other way around where nature is just a creation of god.

I don't see how the universe came into existence with out some intelligent force behind it. Did energy create intelligence or did intelligence create energy? Some people say it is one way or the other, we will never know. To me though it makes no sense with out intelligence consciousness being there first. Did energy decide to create itself into this universe? No cause energy doesn't have consciousness or a mind to think with. "THe natural laws created the universe" Okay but where did those laws come from? They act in an intelligent order. How could their be laws with out a law maker at the beginning of time. Did time have a beginning? When did time decide to start itself.

If some one got ten buckets of paint and threw them at a wall, it would just be a big random mess right? But if we see that some thing like a picasso that appears there it must have been an intelligence. The paint wouldn't start to slowly change itself into a painting over billions of years would it?

Where did god come from then? I can't even think of an answer to that. but we exist so thats what I believe. Why is there some thing rather than nothing?

Why is there evil if god is loving? God just created the universe he doesn't control life like a puppet, that would defeat the purpose of having biological life. Would god control us all like puppets hanging by strings so that we never make mistakes? I think not. When people have a baby for example does the baby come out as intellectually advanced as the parents? No it grows and learns through experience and learns from its mistakes. I believe it is the same with humans. We are growing and learning through experience, trial and error. If we had a perfect set of morals handed to us by god would we even follow them? probably not. I think god doesn't intervene at all. This is my current speculation any ways.

same here. I dont like the word religious.

And my proof is - go out side, and look at the tree, the moon, none of that could of just appeared.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=17849695

Take a look at this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Entoloma43

And my proof is - go out side, and look at the tree, the moon, none of that could of just appeared.
This is a logical fallacy in which you're arguing from ignorance.
"Because I cannot explain "x", God must have done it."

As seen throughout history, this kind of thinking is flawed. As science advances, religion retreats. There was once a time when people worship the sun as a deity because they lacked a natural explanation. Science has obviously advanced to a point where we no longer need a supernatural explanation to understand the sun.

Just because we cannot fully explain "x", does not mean God is the automatic default correct answer.

Plus, this does not provide any evidence for any specific God. Based upon this "evidence" alone, the flying spaghetti monster could have created the tree and the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00