is it a crisis if you no longer care?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Wastingecho, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Been in crisis before - obvious to anyone who cares to go through my posts

But this is different

In the past my attempts were driven by a sudden...need, for lack of a better word - I didn't anticpate reaching that point - just found myself there

This time it's different - I can see it coming - and I don't care

Have no feelings of fear or sadness - just a profound sense of inevitability

Have all the things I need already - no desparate trips to find what I need - it's all patiently waiting for me

I don't plan on fighting this time - not sure I would if I even had the strength

Used to try holding on for other things, other people

I just don't care any more - life will go on without me

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm really sorry to hear that you have been feeling that you don't care anymore. If you have a pdoc/therapist, perhaps call them and say you're feeling "numb", that things don't seem to matter. If you are on the brink of acting on your urges, please call a crisis line or go directly to the hospital.

I can't say for certain, but suspect that maybe you're utterly fatigued by having dealt with a lot of things. You have fought in the past, so you had reasons to fight. You likely have reasons to fight now, but are tired of the struggle. How about if you let people here and let your health professionals care if you can't?

Please know that caring is being sent your way and lots of hope that you stay safe. If you want, PM me anytime, OK??

:hug:
    Acy

3. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

Not sure whether it should have the label or not, but I would urge you to find someone to talk to about this and maybe get some r/l help.

I feel like this sometimes, too, but the apathy - it sorta stops me doing anything; I find it needs just a little bit more energy than I have to get on and do something about it.

If you find that energy, I hope you use it to fight, and then to seek out people who can support you.

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

no doctors - no therapists

can't open up to them anyway - don't trust them

hospitals didn't help in the past - only made it worse - didn't really try to help, just kicked me out as soon as possible

doesn't matter anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.