Is It Bad To Imagine Something Impossible?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by trinisty, Feb 8, 2015.

1. trinisty

trinisty Well-Known Member

Hi people!

Since I was a little kid, like at age 3, I love imagine stuff and make scenarios in my head. I usually talk to myself, A LOT! Every time I'm alone, I always talk to myself, making scenarios that always make me comfortable, like dating my dream girl, explaining medical stuff to lots of people, being heroic and other type of thing. But sadly, most of my imagination never happened, or maybe will not happen.

I love talking to myself, making imaginary conversation with someone else. It keeps me sane and comfortable. But it kinda makes my expectation higher and higher, and when one of my imaginary scenarios didn't happen, I felt so sad and disappointed. After one of the tragedy that really broke my heart, I'm now kinda scared to imagine stuff like that again. But I love imagining things, I love talking to myself, it is one of the greatest time in my life. Maybe I spent hours of my life talking to myself: building confidence, and keep me sane. Is it bad to imagine stuff like that? Does imagining the impossible bad for me?

Thank you so much for reading this. Love you guys, have a great day! :rainbow:
  2. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

You understand the difference between what you imagine and what is real so there is nothing wrong with dreaming.
    Life never ends up like we thought or imagine it will be. You just need to accept things when they do not follow your dreams and imagine new dreams with what you do have.

So, the only "problem" I see is you will be happier if you learn to accept and bend a little bit from you dreams.
  3. trinisty

Hello, thank you so much for replying on my post, I really appreciate it. I feel a lot better now, and try to count my smiles more. Thank you.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I do this too, mostly when I am listening to music I imagine all different things. I don't think it is unhealthy...its okay to day dream, you aren't hurting anyone and probably keeps your mind occupied. :hug:
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not weird or bad at all...I know that imagining things that make me happy keeps me away from the bad feelings for a bit. Whether they are possible or not, sometimes it is just nice to daydream about things that you enjoy.
  6. trinisty

Thank you so much for replying my post, guys. I really love it. I feel so much better now, maybe it's only that I need to stop mixing my imagination with reality. Love you guys, hope are well. Have a great day :)