Is it better to...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rv498, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rv498

rv498 Well-Known Member

kill myself here or leave my family and go to a different country and start a new life? I've tried and tried (for 27 years) but American society doesn't do it for me. All I get is depression. I think my family would rather have me leave them and resume living somewhere else than kill myself. It's tragic that it has come to this but one's gotta do what one's gotta do.

2. Takotsubo

Takotsubo Well-Known Member

well if you got the money and requirements to up and go to another country i say go for it . i went to Illinois couple weeks back , didn't say i was leaving , straight just got up n left @ 4am and it was pretty kewl to get away for a little bit. im considering moving to IL. yeah they asked where i was , but didn't tell them i was there , told them i went to vegas.

3. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I recommended just getting the hell out of whatever state/city/country in the case where it's fight or flight- if you're out of the fight, you can flee in one way or another..... if you can, do this instead of self destructing... it's still a way to remove yourself from a shit situation but perspective and new surroundings give you more of a chance to survive. I considered hiking the appalachian trail just to see if I could make it... I considered going to a commune in Costa Rica. They say problems follow you wherever you go, but I say it's worth a shot- and once upon a time, it worked for me. Let us know how it goes.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Of course it would be better to start over somewhere new, even if it does seem scary. If that's what you really want, then it will be well worth it in the end. You should always do what makes you happy in life.

5. toshi

toshi Well-Known Member

if it were at all possible financially and emotionally, I would rather travel to another country or location. Yes, you carry pain with you...but different environments may afford the different perspective that is needed (albeit temporary) that will get you a different frame of mind that is brighter, a different counselor or psychologist that you trust and who helps, a different understanding. I believe all it takes is one spark that keeps you moving in the right direction. The spark doesn't have to be long term but the results for you might be. And that spark might be in a different place. Regardless, please keep trying to see light. please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.