Is it going to get worse if i don't get help? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if i will or have but i think if i go on i might get an eating disorder.

When i'm angry i don't eat.

If i'm upset i don't want to eat.

When i look in the mirror, i hate what i see and prod at the things that are wrong with me.

I've gone off food, i mainly drink water or ice tea now.

I won't buy new clothes because it means getting changed where there are mirrors around me and i hate the way i look in them.

I still have sex with my boyfriend and feel comfortable naked around him though.

I sometimes still think i look okay but as soon as i see a skinny girl i feel horrible.

I have tried to make myself sick after eating but i have no gag reflex so i couldn't do it.

I feel uncomfortable eating around people.

What does this mean?

Punk

Explain all of this at your Weds appointment. The more info they have the better the help will be. If you tell them half the story you will get half the help you really need.

Viro

I think that this has the potential to develop into an ED, if it hasn't already. You need to bring this up at your appointment, for sure, and see if you can get help before it gets worse.

And yes, it will continue to get worse if you don't get help.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
Yes. It will get worse if you don't get help for it. I know this first hand... Its very important that you go see somebody soon. When I was seeing a doctor he refused to believe me when I said I was worried that I might be anorexic and it went unchecked. now I don't have a doctor and it has gotten worse. Its crucial that you do what you can to get it treated...

Even if you don't have an eating disorder now, if you don't get help then I can see you going no way other than developing one (if that makes sense). All of what you've written is an indication that something is not right anyway, so please mention this to a therapist.

From personal experience, I know that leaving an ED untreated is HELL. Even if I just rant to my therapist about how much I wish food didn't exist and how skinny people make me want to die, it helps having someone to talk to. Being stuck with your own thoughts...theres nothing worse.

Lexicon

Hey hey

Well, as a newly-diagnosed anorexic (as of literally last week), and a bulimic of seven years, I can safely say:

YES.

It will get work. Left alone, it perpetuates. You will probably find it harder than you dream to stop little habits that seem so very innocuous. Hunger is not hunger, and binges become a living hell that only laxatives and purging can free you from. Don't let it fester. It IS a problem. If you feel that badly about yourself, if you've TRIED to throw up, IT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. At the very least, it's disordered eating. At most, you are in the process of developing a serious illness, and liek any illness, you need to catch it early. The joy of this is catching it BEFORE you get to the point of just not accepting or seeing a problem.

It's brilliant that you're here. Don't let this illness take you.
Lex

assek

Lex is right and has said it very well. i've had bulimia for almost 5 years and its making my life misery.

please get help, as soon as you can *hugs*

Yes, it will get worse.
I used to think I would be ok or that it wasn't a big deal, but I've been bulimic for six years now - since I was 12.
In the begining I didn't do it as much, and now I've even thrown up into a bag while driving and my heart skips beats and my stomach's always queasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00