Is it good when a girl compliments your eyes?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ExtraSoap, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

I mean, it's a girl that i've been crushing on for a LONG time now, so I really want to know if girls do this with regularity (because i would be the last person to know) or if it's because they are showing interest. Can someone help me out please?

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

hell yeah dog!

3. Tim.

Tim. SF Emoti-King

It's good - a very strong indicator of interest. You never know, but it sounds like you should go for it.

4. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

I don't think it completely seals the deal but it definitely means that she's not repulsed by you, which is probably a good thing.
    I've gotten several such compliments without them leading to anything… but that could be just because I'm lame.

If I were you, I would ask her to do something together… something interesting, fun and not obvious.

5. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

To be honest, she's probably just saying it to be nice. That, or views you as some kind of social experiment and wants to lead you on. Never underestimate the cruelty of humans.

6. ExtraSoap

Double post!
    awkward...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  7. ExtraSoap

There's just one issue with that, I forgot to mention it earlier, she's already going out with someone, and has been for a while. I think that's what confuses me about it.

Oh i've learned the hard way that people can be cruel, but i still give them a chance most of the time.

8. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Sounds like she's just being flirty, then.
    You can flirt back if you want and it might be fun, but there's no reason to think it will go anywhere.

There's really no reason to assume it's a sinister plot to crush your fragile little ego, though… flirting is just something that people do-- even when they're married. It helps them remind themselves that they can be attractive…

I flirt with my married co-worker all the time… and she flirts back endlessly… sometimes it drives me insane, but I've learned to accept it for what it is. I've actually seen a gay guy flirt with a girl to the point where they were actually holding each other on the floor at a party while surrounded by their friends… and yeah, it didn't result in a relationship-- it's probably not a good idea to have too rigid boundaries or you'll come off as cold, but at the same time some people push the flirting thing wayyyyy too far.

9. ExtraSoap

well shit. Anyway, thanks for the help.

10. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

It's a very good thing. I don't know how it could be a bad thing.

11. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

People do sometimes just randomly dole out compliments, but this isn't bad.

12. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

Couldn't tell you, never been complimented by women in my age range and doubt it's going to happen since with my long hair and dour expression I probably strike people as unapproachable, heh. I don't mind though

13. ExtraSoap

it's a bad thing in this sense, because a part of me feels like she's taunting me. She's going out with another guy, and shes flirting with me; that's what i like to call rubbing it in my face. The annoying part is, she has no idea she's doing it. I realize that she probably has no idea how it makes me feel. Why be "flirty" when she's going out with someone?

14. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

What other ways has she flirted with you? If one of my male friends had nice eyes I'd tell him, even if I absolutely did not want anything more from the friendship. It can be seen as flirty, for sure, but it isn't always meant like that. Sometimes you really do just think that they have nice eyes.

15. ExtraSoap

I've come to the conclusion that she only wants to be around me because she feels bad for me, she's nice like that. She only feels pity for me, if that at all, and is trying to make me feel accepted. Her intentions are good, but I'm not sure if I welcome it.

16. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Better question, what did you say back :) Alot of things are best kept, casual. The more casual things get the more you get to know eachother and can have a laugh together. And also find the moments when it is appriopriate to persue a more deeper relationship. Tbh if she says something like that to you again, bounce it back with a light hearted compliment too. Compliment her eyes back if you want in a fun way. Just an idea. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.