Is it inherently wrong?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lovecraft, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I really do believe that hacking at your veins every time you feel a little down is a very bad idea. I really do believe that the kids that do it to fit in with their emo friends should stop - it does happen!

That said, is it really wrong if you have a screening process for what warrants a cutting session, disinfectants for the wound and intentionally avoid any veins? I'm wondering what you all think; is it inherently wrong, or just often abused.
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't think it's "wrong" I just think it's a bad idea. I think the person would suffer less if they found other coping skills or the reason they needed to cut in the first place. But for now, whatever works for you :hug:
  3. Daisy

Daisy Active Member

I have mixed feelings. Alot of times I try to rationalize cutting and say that it can't be that bad for me because it helps me get through the day but then what my therapist said to me comes back into my brain. She told me that by cutting myself I was just abusing myself and that I didn't deserve to be abused in the first place.

so...I don't know
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.