Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kaos General, May 1, 2010.

1. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Am i the only person that gets really annoyed when all of a sudden your having a conversation with someone on MSN and they suddenly go silent for an hour then have the cheek to ask you what happened or how are you? Am i the only person who gets annoyed by this? It happened with 5 different people last night and its like gimme a break, if you dont wanna speak to me block me its as simple as that, instead of putting up this fake facade.

It just feels like people are forcing themselves to talk to me at the minute when in reality they dont actually want to talk to me at all. If it happened with just one person occassionally id put it down to coincidence but i cant see how it can be when it happened again and again for the past week.
  2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

although we've never been on MSN together, i've been in the same position, but it's not because i'm ignoring someone or being ignored

sometimes my mind will get caught up in itself and i zone out or it goes blank and i have nothing to say

or the same may be happening on the other end

it's not deliberate by any means

and i've been on with some people where we just leave the window open and not say a word because it's enough to know that someone is there and we just sit in a companionable silence
  3. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

4. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I've felt the exact same way countless times on instant messengers.

It kind of defeats the purpose of instant messaging when people stop talking or spend 30 minutes to reply.

But hmm I don't have MSN but I do have YIM and Xfire if you ever wanna talk. ^^ I'm not always in the mood for conversation but when I am....let's just say I might annoy you. Haha.
  5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Ive been in the same situation as you.Then when you are typing to them they either quickley make their excuses or they just simply"sign out"while you are still typing.

If I wanted to chat to just one person I would block everybody else before I signed in.If im chatty il chat to anybody who cares to message me(and I actually reply)ha.

I know how you're feeling.

6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

It's not only on MSN. My ex-hubby used to do that while we were in the same room, then he would say 'are you ready to talk yet?' cheeky sod LOL
  7. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

My ex did that!!!HA
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

When I'm on MSN (which is rare), I'm notorious for disappearing for long periods of time. It's not intentional ... either the phone rang, someone showed up (and I do try to give some warning if I can; but if I'm having a lot of convos, it's hard to warn everyone).

So I guess I'm one of the guilty ones. Although when I come back, I don't ask the person what happened. :p I apologize for my disappearing act.
  9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:lol!: I used to get this a lot when I was younger..30 min for a reply would be way too long tho' after 10 minutes I'd log off.
    But "what happened" and "how are you" is funny after an hour silence. I'd be curious as to what they were up to all that time. I can remember feeling worthless as anything tho'..:/
  10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I prefer chatting on msn, it gives me the leisure to think twice about what i'm going to say. As for people going idle, you have to understand alot of people multi-task while chatting. If you feel like someone's ignoring you then just ask if they are busy.