Is it like this for everyone?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by bright1, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bright1

bright1 Well-Known Member

I'm new at this suicide thing, so I'm wondering. . . .

Is it normal for someone to be feeling pretty good one day and want to kill herself the next day or do most people want to die every day?

I seem to go back and forth.

2. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi bright1,

I don't know about others, but I can definitely relate. Sometimes that even happens for me in the same day within a few hours. I can have a great day where all those negative thoughts can seem like someone else's and a few hours later I'm TOTALLY depressed again, just thinking I should get it over and done with.

I don't think I'm bipolar (was diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder), but maybe you should just check with your doctor and make sure you are on the right meds (if you are on any..) There is such a thing such as rapid cycling bipolar disorder, where a person can be manic and a few hours/days later he/she is extremely depressed. Although as I understand it, it is very rare. Usually it takes a few months to cycle between depressed and manic states.

Take care and welcome to the forum!

Max

3. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

My urges come and go, but maybe that's because I'm bipolar. I don't know.

4. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

It's normal for me, but I dont know if its normal for most people...if u havent already u should go get some professional help, or at the very least talk to someone close you..if u need smoeone to talk to pm me if u like..

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Stress can cause these ideas to come and go I myself have good days then other times i want to be gone it is all to do with time of day as well Nights are worse and if i am by myself Please get professional help they can help with these thought.

6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

It is normal its what I go through too. If you get put on the proper meds and go to therapy you should start to see those changes in mood diminish.

7. bright1

I just wish that I could predict these moods so I can plan around them. Today I had four things I wanted to do, but I only managed to get one of them done, and only because I had no choice. I slept most of the day. Every day I get farther behind in my work, which isn't helping me either.

8. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Hi Bright1,

I don't know about predicting them, but you can certainly manage them. But to do that you need to know what is causing them. Are you on medication atm? Are you seeing a doctor?

9. bright1

I'm currently taking Chantix, but it's the last week. I think that I get this way when I'm tired (the Chantix disturbs my sleep). The problem is that I have a lot I want to do, and having to rest so much is making it difficult to meet all my obligations. Also, I desperately want to drop some weight, which I can't do if I don't work out, but working out is so exhausting that I can't do it if I have anything to do afterward. I don't know if the depression is making me tired or if it's my diet (I have a gastric band that restricts my calorie intake). I seem to be caught in a vicious cycle.

10. Depressica

Depressica Member

I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like you're having mood swings. I used to get those and they were awful. A psych put me on Depakote a few years ago. It's used to treat seizures (nope, don't get them), but they also found that it works well as a mood stabilizer. Maybe you could ask a psychiatrist about how you're feeling and ask if a mood stabilizer would help. Best of luck. Keep visiting our forum. It'll help you to get your feelings out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.