is it me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cpt-Fantastic, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

or does noone give a fuck.
  2. Well-Known Member

Some people care. Most only care if it's convenient for them.
  3. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

I do sleepyhead. :)

Sometimes a human person may not have any spoons left.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i care, too. what's going on?
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I care!! It's just my nature!!
  6. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I care and I think most people care. I think we live in a society that doesn't seem to care though and we lose sight of all the individual people who do care.
    What's upsetting you?
  7. Cpt-Fantastic

Cpt-Fantastic Banned Member

i spilled the beans for no reason. i went to the psychologist the 2nd time and decided to come clean for as much as possible i told her everything (besides the things im ashamed of but which are trivial to the matter at hand) well i told her im suicidal and that its probably because i have so many problems which are mostly related to add, so i told her cant we first fix the add then i can fix my problems and i wont be suicidal. no she said, first the bipolar because some add medication could not work with the bipolar (sounds like bs, i think she wants to milk me) so i decided in my head, well if she cant help me with my add why am i here, maybe she can help me with practical matters so i told her im not sure if i can afford my medical expenses next year, is there a subsidy or something. (there is i knew that upfront but it was more of a test) she said perhaps i dont know, look it up on the internet. and to make matters worse, she nearly had me locked up because she was afraid i was gonna kill myself (well hurp durp) so i have had enough, next week wednesday i have a professional psychiatrist (no more of this old wives tail psychologist bullsht, the real deal the medication man) i want to try if it works, but if not for the end of the year there is any change, if there is no medication, no help for problems no nothing, i dont see the point of living this life, and its goodbye for this life.15 days and 20 hours left
  8. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

You don't see the point of living this life because of the illness. Did you say that you were BiPolar? If so, then (in my opinion) you definitely need to see the psychiatrist because you'll need the meds to help control it. Don't be surprised if it takes a couple of tries to get the right combination though. It took ages to find the right combination of meds for me but at the moment I'm in remission and I'm hopeful that its going to last.
    Meds alone might not be enough though and thats where the psychologist comes in. You need to discover if you've learnt negative behaviour patterns that are triggering your illness. The psychologist should help you do that and also help you to 'unlearn' them. She should also be discussing coping strategies with you.
    Both psychiatrist and psychologist have their place in your recovery, you just have to make the best of both of them.
    You also need to recognise that its the illness that's making you this way and you have to fight it. Don't let it win!
    PM me if you ever need to talk
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

good luck with the psychiatrist. i agree, get the bipolar under control a bit. the psychiatrist will know which medications interact with others and can probably advise you on that more that a psychologist. each has their place as catherine said but for medication (only one piece of the healing) you need the advice of a pdoc.
  10. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

CatherineC said it all... Good luck with everything, and I hope you feel better ASAP. :)
  11. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I agree wih nobody man, Catherine is,on,again
    Get better soon!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.