is it me?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by naynay, Jan 28, 2012.

1. naynay

naynay Member

I don't really know where to start tbh , I have never really felt wanted at all in my life. My dad hates me , he always has I don't think he believes that I'm his daughter. He used to keep me up all night making him food and drink. If it wasn't that he would beat me black and blue. I don't hate him , I love him very much but he has never really treated me like a daughter. When he found out about my cousin sexually abusing me he didn't say much he just looked at me as if I was lying. I really don't want to sound as ifbim feeling sorry for myself but I can't confront him about it. I have no idea why he has treated me this way :'(. I tried my hardest to be a good daughter I done everything I was asked I never drank or smoked or even brought trouble to the door, passed all my exams had a job at 15 even went to college but its still not good enough. Last week we found out that my mum has cancer and all he could say was "get over it" I really think he hates me and with my mum being ill I would love for him to be there for me... Maybe even a hug... Doubt that'll ever happen tho...
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Your father sounds like he has significant problems, so do not take his lack of compassion as your matter how perfect you try to be, he is going to be troubled...I too wish you had someone to hug you at this time, and I hope you mom's health returns
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry to hear that your father is mentally abusive towards you. If he treats you like that then you don't need to listen to him or even have him in your life. Having negative people around will just make you feel more depressed. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and you can be a great success in life. Please don't give up, we care about you. :hug:
  4. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have to go through that. I want to say that you don't need people like him in your life - you need to be around people that are good for you. But he's your dad and you want him there. Maybe this is one of those things where you need to sit him down and ask him why he hates you so much? Maybe arrange a day out together? I don't want to encourage you to be around someone who used to hurt you physically though.