Is It Meant To Be ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by 2smart4myOWNgood, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not a religious person but many christians/catholics have fairly strongs views on suicide and they simply are against it, they believe that it is against Gods will, yet these same religous people believe that everything God does is for a reason, maybe God wants me to die, you never know. And you get all these other people talking about fate, in which case if i was to kill myself right now, would it not be fate? people dont take these things into consideration.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It becomes so confusing trying to listen to everyone elses beliefs and convictions. I gave up on it a long time ago. I dont follow or believe in any organized religion. I have my own beliefs. I still think of myself as a Christian but see God in a different light. I think that He gave us a life to live the best we can. And in the end He sees you're tired and says "you've done the best you could and now it's time to rest".

I think you need to focus on what you believe and throw out the rest. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out which one is right or which one applies to you.

As for suicide... it is one of the most personal things a person can struggle with. It is as individual as each person experiencing it. So I dont really see how any one religion or belief can be correct about suicide. Just my thoughts on the matter.

But no matter what you believe James, being here can make a difference. It gives you a place to talk about things that others dont understand. A place to know you are not alone. So please keep posting and let others help you through this.

3. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Like itmahanh said, listening to other peoples' beliefs too much will confuse you. You could say if you were to die tomorrow, it was God's will and someone could just say that God wouldn't have made you just to kill you off. When it comes to your life your opinion is second to none, it's no use worrying about what other people think when there as many different opinions out there as there are people.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey James welcome to the forum... I agree with the other peeps..It is an individual thought that only you could decide on.. Now, I would rather see you get some professional help.. There are many paths to follow..I hope you choose one where you seek professional help..

5. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

me too...and i agree with everybody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.