Is it my fault?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Left alone, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Left alone

Left alone Guest

I started dating this amazing guy about 10 months ago. We really hit it off and things were going great. About 1 month into dating he sat me down and told me he had something that he really needed me to know. He said that he was married and had a 1 year old son but that he and his wife were seperated. He said that he cared for me a great deal and that he didn't want to lose me. I left that night and told him I needed time to think. I ended up trusting in him that things were over between him and his wife. Why else would he be so honest with me if he didn't care for me, right?

Well 10 months later he still had not filed for divorce, claiming that it was too expensive. He complained about how expensive child support was and that it was just too much to handle right now. I somehow let myself be okay with all of this. Just recently I discovered that he had been talking with his wife and they were working on getting back together. It had been going on for a couple of months that I didn't know about and I just found out.

He said that he does truely love me but he's got to give it one more try with her. He also said that he doesn't want to lose me. He wanted to find a way to make it work on both ends. Basically he was asking me to be the other woman! I just don't know where I went wrong. It hurts so bad. I loved him and trusted him. He's a different person than what I saw. Sure, I knew he had a way with women, but he promised me that he would never cheat on me. Things had started getting rough towards the end. I was beginning to want more than what I was getting. I had noticed a difference when it came to the way he was relating to me. It makes me feel that I wasn't worth it in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.