Is it normal in this situation to:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the following:

1) Hide it from the outside world?

2) Be very specific about the details of how you would carry it out?

3) Vacillate between wanting to do it or not wanting to do it?

4) Know that you really don't want to do it, but feel that your circumstances are hopeless, and you have no choice.

5) Feel that it is an unalienable right to choose? Feel that no one, state, medical professionals, church, family, whoever, has a right to tell you it is wrong or to try to prevent you from doing it?

6) Just feel weary or emotionally numb some of the time, and like an emotional roller coaster other times?

7) Have a lot of nightmares about it?

8) Think that it isn't really your true feeling, just a question of brain chemistry gone awry?

TIA for any answers or insights.

Nelly1921

Johnny those are all normal. If not there are a lot of strange people out there. :wacko:
The problem is that it is SO confusing and its hard to make decisions in any part of life as a result. And you end up feeling like a perpetual motion machine - or one of those desk top toys where the balls bounce back and forth and back and fourth. Im sorry I can't help. But I hear you. :hugtackles:

Flying Fox

Upside-down Hugger
SF Supporter
Yes all of those I have; maybe not so much with number 7 and less so number 8 when I am very much in the thick of it. Though with number one, the worse the situation is, the more those feelings leak out in other ways through every day actions. It might not show up on the surface but it will break through in actions and general moods.

Getting enough sleep is especially important if you want to keep on top of your feelings and depression. I find that if I don't have enough my depression becomes all encompassing as if I have wearing sun glasses. Everything seems much worse with a lack of sleep, and though it may be hard to muster up the energy to do so, getting out of the house and spending time outside in the sunlight and hanging out at cafes really can help boost your mood. Being alone does not help at all and can worsen the effects - you have no sounding board or person to bounce ideas off of if you are alone. Talking to someone about what is going on in your head can bring help bring catharsis.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Yes, I'd say most of those feelings are normal. I think 1, 3, 4, and 6 would be like how I feel most of the time.

LostInPain

I am feeling all but #7 and #8 every single day of my life now. I don't know how some here in this forum have been able to survive for years feeling like this. It's only been 6 or 7 weeks for me since my world was destroyed irreparably, and I'm starting to feel suicide is inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00