is it normal to be emotionless?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Pollo, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I happen to be without emotions. When I think about committing suicide and about my family, I just can't feel bad or anything. Am I crazy or what?

2. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Apathy is kind of normal. I think it's a way to stop yourself from feeling guilt or other negative emotions that would normaly make you not want to do something. You can overcome it though and it feels good when you do.:biggrin: (by overcoming it I mean feeling emotions, good ones)
    Hope you're okay :hug:

3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

There's nothing unusual about Apathy. Even when I was happy, I still got apathetic at times. I don't really understand why it happens, it just.. does. There's probably someone who could explain it to you properly though. I think it's just because we're too scared to care or give a damn about something, so we sort of.. switch off, our feelings, as a defence mechanism. I don't know how to get over Apathy, it normally just leaves when it wants to with me. But just know that you're not crazy for it, it's a hell of a lot more common than you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.