Is it normal to feel more relieved now that I have the means?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheCreepyOne, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCreepyOne

TheCreepyOne Member

I started thinking about suicide again lately, so I went and bought XXX, <Mod Edit - Acy - methods>. I am thinking that XXX <Mod Edit - Acy - methods> a stroke.
    Anyway, ever since I got them (which is 2 days now) I started thinking less about
    suicide and just being more relaxed, now that I know I have them.

Is this normal, has this hapened to you?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think it's a sense of "relief" - that we now have control over things. We really don't, as suicidal ideas are not healthy or constructive.

What is happening to make you feel suicidal? Sometimes when we are overwhelmed, we think that there not other options. Perhaps if you talk about what's going on, we can find a better solution for you. My PM box is open if you want send me a message. Please stay safe.

3. yamainu

yamainu Member

I guess felt.. could call it.. relief, when I knew had access to the means for it, that it was a option. I am not sure about other people, but would guess it to be fairly normal at least amongst suicidal people..

4. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I feel better if I know I have the means handy. That way, next time I'm extremely depressed and suicidal, I won't have to try to figure out how to do it and how to get the means, when I can't even get out of bed. So yeah, it's definitely a relief to know it's there when I need it and am ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.