1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to want to go even if everything is doing better than good?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by welplayed, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welplayed

welplayed Member

My pet, a lovebird, flew away a few days ago, i hand fed him when he was only 1 week old when he was left behind by his parents. He never set foot on a cage, he could freely fly all around my house, he and i would play everyday, he would only trust me, he would try to draw my attention when i was the most busy, he would push dishses, glashes and everything off the edges and break them, then fly away as if it hadn't been him, i enjoyed every second i had with that guy, i was expecting to be able to spend at least 10 years with him but we barely made it to 3. Now that he's gone i'm back to where i was before he came into my life, i feel nothing, i don't enjoy anything, i really can't find any fullfillment in life, i'm about to get my telecom engineering degree, i have a nice family, a job, and a few good friends i guess, but i still feel nothing, i laugh a lot and talk a lot when i'm among other people but in reality i wish i could just stay quiet all the time, not have to talk to anyone, not have to do anything, because i don't enjoy anything, no matter how much fun other people have with something, i feel nothing by trying it. Girlfriends, friends, gym, work, travel, nights out, parties, reading books, watching movies, i don't even enjoy videogaming anymore. I didn't remember how i felt before i had my lovebird, but now that he's gone i realise that he was the only one keeping me alive, i wanted to succeed just because of him, i wanted to get a bigger place to have him in and get him other friends that could share with him when i was away. Now he's probably dead because of me, i heard his frustrational help whistles as he flew away, but i couldn't help him, i couldn't even see where did he fly to, he's probably been eaten by the at least 10 hawks that are in the area, i've cried him a lot, i stopped crying him about 2 days ago and i haven't felt anything afterwards. Just emptyness, now i've gone to my suicidal thoughts once again as i was when i didn't have him in my life.

2. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you lost your friend. It hurts so much and often people don't understand the bond that can form between a person and an animal. One thing that I would suggest is think about getting a rescued bird (or two). There are lots of abandoned birds and other animals who are desperate for a good home. We need caring people like you in the world and you gave that little guy a great life. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.