is it normal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Zozeebo, Oct 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Hey just came back home from the doctor he said that i'm not going to have meds just therapy !!!
    Is it normal?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hnmmm depends on what you said to him i would think? please give us some dialogue, did he mention anti depressants, or give a reason as to why not?

3. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

Wouldn't say it's normal per se, but I have had a similar thing said to me. I think it's when they think you have psychological issues rather than psychiatric, or the psychological issues are causing whatever symptoms you are having. It's probably better than having meds thrown at you but no looking into deeper issues which are causing symptoms. And being on a lot of medication is no fun. I hope you get the help you need! How are you feeling about what the doctor said?

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Probably depends on different factors - how badly is your daily life affected; how long and how many times you've had depression; your age; family history; other medical issues you might have.

Some people are just lucky enough to get better with therapy and no meds. If you are concerned about this, best person to ask "why not meds?" is your doctor at one of the therapy sessions. But really, if you can do it without meds, nothing wrong with that at all! :)

5. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Zozeebo, yes it can be, it depends on a lot of things, You! first, what you say, how you say it, what has happened before! ie what is happening in your life. if you went to the Dr on a voluntary basis, how your disposition is while you are at the Dr. If you tell the Dr. the truth, how you are feeling, what your issues are. there are so many flags that can pop up depending almost entirely on you how truthful you are or if you hide your actual feelings and issues! It also depends on the Dr as well, if you would like, you may ask here if you provide us with the information that you are willing to share with us, like why did you expect meds? etc etc are you happy or disappointed? How do you feel about his/her decision and why?

6. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

True-lee I expected meds cause everyone seems to take them i'm dissapointed cause i heard they help u sleep and these days i barelly have 3-5 hours a day

7. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Lynn in the end of the appintment he said that i will be having therapy and no meds and in a couple of weeks he is going to send me to a psychologist that only treats teens thats all he said about that...

8. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Caspae thank u so much i guess i was expecting meds and theramy in the same time (like everyone)

9. Zozeebo

Zozeebo Active Member

Acy since i'm not gping to take meds i should try and open up to the psychologist as much as could and after all he is the doctor he knows best right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.