Is it "OK" to be fed up with my brain?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nicesinging1, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. Sometimes I feel so sick and tired of trying to make the most of my brain that I feel like, "Why even bother?" I know that is a defeatist talk. I was given this very unique kind of a brain with billion cells for some special reason and I have a duty to make the most of it.
    But when the depression gets so bad and I have to battle through all the mental challenges that come with it, I feel very frustrated. I really try hard to make the most of my brain by waking up in the dawn every morning, toughing it out at work, doing reading and studying and trying to stay productive. But there are times I wonder why I should keep existing with this kind of brain.

Could you offer me some of your insights?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I wish I could offer some help here, all I can say is I can relate almost exactly and I feel the same.
    Sometimes when the depression subsides all I feel is intense frustration at why my brain just won't work properly and how there is nothing I can seemingly do about it... I feel like I've tried everything (even though I know I probably haven't). Still feel at my wits end though.

3. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

My brain is exactly the same... Too much information flying around when I'm depressed, too many thoughts from homicidal to suicidal from angry to pensive. I think everybody's brain works like that, best thing to do is to distract yourself.

4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

I feel the same :(

5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

That is absolutely and solely the depression talking nicesinging. Depression has a very powerful and debilitating effect on us, where it saps us of our physical and mental energy and soon our hopes, dreams, ambitions and talents. The depression itself makes it so that we even do not want to get help to combat and defeat it, at least that is how I feel. I just let my depression keep festering.

Getting rid of the depression is far easier said than done. But once you get rid of it, you will have this huge negative force off of your shoulders. I wish you the best in luck in continuing to fight it and hopefully win one day, you can do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.