Is it OK to Date Your Best Friend's Ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Nov 3, 2010.

Is it OK to Date Your Best Friend's Ex?

1. Sure, i don't see why not.

2. No, what is wrong with you!

3. As long you have their blessing.

4. Others (please specify)

1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Sharing with friends is normal, but most people draw the line at exes. Is it ever OK to break the Best Friend Code?

Hey fdm, how's anne doing? :S
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If they're cool with it, why not? Surely the Best Friend Code is overridden by explicit permission.
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

If it's cool with both parties, I don't see why not...

Seems like it would be strange if they were super serious about eachother for a long time though. I wouldn't know, really- never been put in the situation where I wanted to date someone or my friends wanted to date my ex before.
  4. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i is no longer Boo fliend :sigh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm in your closet, stealing your girl. Boosanova is here, be very afraid.
  6. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

luv ya long time
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Oh Anne, my darling with a tan
    I don't have much, but a can of spam
    But as long as you love me
    I'll give you everything bubba never can
    Long walk in the park and then trolling 4chan
    Laughter we shall share, smiling hand in hand
    I will never let you go, as long your butt stay firm as sand
  8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Yes and if the friend doesn't like it then tough titties.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  9. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

As long as it's okay with your best friend. If not, stay away from that guy.
  10. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

I think it's ok.You just need the consent of ur bestfriend. But, my bestfriends wouldn't let me date their ex anyways ...I can't even add their guy friends on fb because they get jealous.Luckily, I've never wanted to date any of their ex's. two of them recently asked me out :yuk:
  11. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

NO. even if you have their blessing they are lying
    if they tell you it doesnt bother them.
    and its messed up
  12. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

I don't know... I lean more towards not though. Maybe it depends on the ex. There are some exes I wouldn't mind my bff dating and there are some I wouldn't be too happy about. Mostly because if he was a jack ass and she heard me cry over the bastared I wouldn't be too happy if she went over and took him up.

Personally I don't think I'd ever want one of my bff's ex boyfriends.
    I wouldn't be comfortable with the relationship.
  13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

As long as you have their blessing.
    I introduced my friend to my ex husband .....she left him too!! :)
  14. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'd like to say i was a big enough person to be ok with it, and technically there isn't any reason not to be. But i couldn't do it.
  15. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

best friend's ex.. hmmm ex wife would be very strange and awkward. exgirlfriend is fair game. They weren't serious enough or in love, so maybe she will work with you? I don't understand the stigma behind it really.

Friends are about as useful as toilet paper, you use each other for whatever reason then get flushed down the toilet.
  16. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I guess as long as you have their blessing, so I chose that option. Still seems a bit I don't know though. I once dated a friend of mine's ex right after they had broke up.
    I'll say this.. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. She would say it was okay but I knew she was in pain, so I did what I had to do, I ended the relationship.
    I guess it all depends on the situation, still a bad idea though in my opinion.. Perhaps I should have chosen Others instead.
  17. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

absoloutely not
  18. phoenix44

phoenix44 Well-Known Member

No because even if they say it's okay, it will still bother them one way or the other. The only way to get over an ex (in my opinion anyway) is to cut them out of your life entirely, and obviously you can't do that if your best friend is dating him/her.