Is it ok to take pleasure in the death of others?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abby Rose, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

Recently one of the few blood relatives I have left, an aunt died. She was 86years old and her death was related to an infection she has had for years. Although she was never cruel to me or even mean, it was pretty well documented in my family that she was an evil person, a truly an evil person. She never wronged me in any way but I can't forgive her for the things she done, not like I would need to either since admit her actions never affected me in any way. But I know the things she did, and upon hearing about her death the first thing I said was "that I hope that heartless bitch suffered", which in turns out she did, physically and emotionally right before her death. It was a terrible way to go but if anybody deserved that kind of torture it was her. I try to forgive her, but I am not strong enough too and I don't think I ever can. Now sitting back, thinking about her I am actually starting to take pleasure in her death and the way she died. I wasn’t their, we weren't even close enough for me to be asked which even if I was I wouldn’t of come. I in vision her on her death bed in the hospital, physically and emotionally a wreck, and the thought of it makes me truly happy in a way I can't even begin to describe. It's sick, unpleasant, and probably social-pathic but knowing that this women is dead and knowing the circumstances of her death has been one of the few things that have brought a smile to my face.
  2. Fishman

Fishman Guest

what evil things did she do? I'm intrigued.
  3. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

It wasn't just one thing it was over the course of her lifetime, both little things and big things, but I will just give the big picture and it's pretty dark even so it might trigger some people. She had three sons with her first husband, all three he sexually assaulted while there were between a certain ages. I think from 8-13 but I not sure on the exact numbers. Any way she knew about it and did nothing not because she loved her husband but they were extremely wealthy, a serious amount of money, and so she used this information to take everything from the guy during their divorce which she waited to get so the abuse can continue and role up the blackmailing. After which it turns out all three sons turned out to be gay and ended up getting HIV during the 80's. One died a few years ago, but the second son who died was wealthy in his own right left a nice amount to his brother who needed the money. However she and her other son from a second marriage forged his name on the will while the second son was dying on his death bed and took all the money which this guy needed to survive, the third son did nothing because, I am not sure why exactly, needless to say he has his own problems. Any way she got sick a few years back and was dying for a while. A week ago she went into the hospital for the last time. She had her son from the second marriage named the executor of her will and left him everything, despite this the son from the first marriage still stood by her and went to the hospital to visit her, rub her feet and anything he could do to help her. Anyway she started to get better but was still on a respirator, the son from the second marriage despite knowing this decided to pull the plug on her anyway. She dies with her son who she left everything to taunting her, telling her about all the renovations he will do the house after she dies in a few minutes. Meanwhile the son from the first marriage my cousin and the son who told me the story, is a wreck pleading with his brother to let her live. I was told she was conscious and had this look of incredible fear in her eyes before she died and saw the son she gave everything to laughing while the son she left nothing to was and who she used and hurt his entire life, in tears. After 25 minutes she died and it's terrible to say but I really can’t think of a more deserving way to die. She also did other stuff to him like threating to cut off contact with him if he doesnt mow her lawn (He has been very sick for the last couple of years) and telling her friends that he was the disapointing son.
  4. Fishman

Fishman Guest

A well, ding dong the witch is dead, is the guy gonna shit and piss on her grave?
    I guess the most important thing is that it makes you happy and if you feel based on your judgment that she was a horrible person then don't see why you should feel sorry and bad about it.
  5. PontyCruizer

PontyCruizer Well-Known Member

maybe you should give this forum link to the bereaved son - your cousin
  6. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

im glad you asked this question because if i did, id either get no replies, and get told off and have the thread closed.

i thrive of the suffering of others, and revel in thier misery.
    thats all i have to say.
    nothing can change that.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I can see how upsetting all that would be to everyone who was involved and even to those who were only on the edges. It's a tragic story and it seems that no one was left unscathed by hardship or abuse or negligence of some kind.

I'm sorry your life was touched by at all, it in any way, even to hear about what she did.

8. alice0705

alice0705 Well-Known Member

I would just say be careful with second hand information. Working in health care some of the details of the end sound a little fishy. But, in any regard, it is unhealthy to carry bitterness or similar emotions around. I have to say that in all honesty, while I can understand your anger towards her, I would be concerned about myself if I honestly wanted people to suffer. For your own well-being I would look into that and try to let it go or address the cause of it.
  9. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

well what goes around comes arounds, and i guess hers came arounds... its what she deserved, and i dont blame you for being in the state you are in finally she got her bit she deserved.
  10. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

no thats disgusting.
  11. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

i agree with each word written by alice.

p.s. from health care point of view it doesn't turn out
  12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't think you need to justify your feelings to anyone. I think it's pretty healthy to feel how you do. It's when you start trying to change natural feelings, then it starts getting 'unhealthy' and feelings get channelled/built up into ways that hurt yourself or others, which I think is far more 'unhealthy' than being honest with how you feel like you are doing here, however ugly and horrible it may seem, you're not hurting anyone. So good for you if you feel like this and it's brave of you to share it here.
  13. alice0705

alice0705 Well-Known Member

I would agree with that as well ggg. When these feelings come up, we have to acknowledge them and let it out. I meant holding onto these types of feelings or stoking them will only hurt us in the end.
  14. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

for me, it's no good to have such feelings when others suffer a painful death for everyone cannot escape death. If we feel good about others sufferring a painful death, then we should be afraid when the time death comes knocking to us.
  15. Beattles

Beattles Well-Known Member

no it dosnt. not if you manipulate the feeling in a certain way you can find it to be verry productive to enjoy peoples pain
  16. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

yeah I too take pleasure in the deaths of others, especially if I caused them.. at least that's what I feel. but i won't actually act on my desires.
  17. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Very simple moral, and if every one followed it the world would be such a better place. How would you feel if some one was wishing harm upon you? they wanted you to suffer? They enjoy watching you suffer or die which ever?
  18. Wierd

Wierd Well-Known Member

If they killed me it would mean I wouldn't have to take the initiative in doing so.. so yes I'd like it. Plus self-defense is an excuse to fight, so I don't mind it when people attack me. Also, I'm used to people wishing harm on me so I don't really care..
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  19. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

It's wrong, period.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.