Is it ok to want to be just left alone?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Shock, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

So humans are social creatures right? I am, or was, actually pretty social. I have heaps of friends and used to go out and party every weekend. but now I just want to be left the hell alone. I just want to do my own thing and I feel like people who want to do something with me are intruding on my alone time. I get bored really easily when i visit people and keep brushing people off. I guess I feel theres so much to do in this world, so much experiences and opportunities Id rather be trying to do them then wasting time socializing. And no, I dont want to 'share these experiences/opportunities' with my friends. Selfish as it sounds, I would rather indulge myself then have to worry or accomodate about other people.

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes yes yes. I feel exactly like this.

But everyone keeps telling me it's not normal, and so I try to catapult myself out of it by pretending to be sociable again (I used to be very sociable, more so than most I'm sure. I had so many numbers in my phone book I needed to keep two phones). I was out at least 3 times a week doing something with someone or other.
    But now I have 2/3 friends who aren't really 'friends' at all, just sort of like casual acquaintances who I catch up with every few weeks or months and it's even a job to want to see them.
    I feel like I just want to be on my own and fix myself, accept and enjoy being alone, find myself and indulge myself without having to worry about or accommodate others either.

3. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I can also relate. I often dream about taking a road trip alone. Seeing sites, and doing whatever I want without having to care about what someone else wants to do. Doesn't that sound relaxing?

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Sounds blissful.

It's like I always say "with people, come problems... no woman no cry" (okay technically I didn't pen that last line! lol)

5. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

yeah i really want to do that. Ive dreamt about buying a motorcycle and just moving, where ever the road takes me. No strings holding me back....cept maybe money but you know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.