Is it paranoia if it's real?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Butterfly, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

This post is probably going to sound like some insane ramble but there's a few things I need to get out of my head. I've had a few things happen to me recently that I guess have put me on edge and causing me to feel paranoid. But these things are real, and happening, so how can it be paranoia if it's real? People shutting me out, shutting me down, talking about me, looking at me. It's all real and happening but yet I'm made to feel like some mad woman. I can see it all. I know I sound mad, but I can prove it. I've even talked about it in therapy, to make sure it's not just my irrational thoughts. My therapists have said that some of my reactions to what have happened are normal, yes they make me feel shitty but my feelings are justified. I'm working on the more irrational thoughts but I recognise what is and isn't rational. But it's hard to make your point about things that are actually happening without sounding paranoid.

My question is, is it actually paranoia if it's real and happening?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't think it is paranoia if it is happening you are not paranoid but you may be reading something wrong and maybe not but it is real
    i am sorry people are reacting this way towards you you are not mad women just someone that has been harmed hugs to you

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

No it's not paranoia, but Total may have hit the nail on the head with how you are reading what's going on; that however does not make it any less real.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Give it more time, sometimes things are justified sometimes reasons of others behavior is not towards you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.