Is it possible just to get tired of the world?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Banquo, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banquo

Banquo Member

IS it possible to just get so tired and fed up of the world that you don't want to be part of it any more? I look at various things in the world. The nature of life, the cruelties that persist, the injustice and everything else, and I just think that it's really not worth being part of it. I honestly want out. Does anyone else feel like this?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are looking at all the negatives in the world but what of the positives the people that reach out to others in times of tragedies people that step in for no fees no recognition just to help others rebuild their lives Your depression is only allowing you to see darkness right now ive been there and still go there at times but i know there are great humanitarians in the world
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Why not contribute to turning some of those bad things around? Why not become part of the solution to making the world better? There are many things individuals can do to help improve the way of life in their communities.
  4. Banquo

Banquo Member

I understand and appreciate what you are both saying. But some things in the world are never going to change. I do try and focus on the good things in life, like family, loved ones etc. But sometimes it's just really hard to block out the negativity of the world.
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah, I feel that way a lot of the time, like I can't relate to anyone, or that no one will understand me, or that I'm on the wrong planet. Maybe the last part of that doesn't make sense, but it's hard to explain.
  6. Rallen12

Rallen12 Member

Yes, i understand what you mean people around me think so diferently, so close mindedly, i think that maybe i was born in the wrong era or reality and that sometimes makes me think that maybe i spent enough time here. (it's really hard to put it in words, i guess you have to feel it to understand it)
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
  7. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I'm tired of the world but not in the same way that you are. I just simpy don't wanna fuckin' be here.
  8. Uri234

Uri234 Active Member

I also hate the lack of fairness and logical thinking in this world. I also don't like the bullying, the discrimination and the racial segregation in the dating world.

We live in a world where a pretty white woman still will not want to date a black guy just because he is black or brown. Our societies are still very much racially segregated when it comes to inter-racial relationships and inter-racial dating.

Although I don't think we have any control over what goes on in nature, but we certainly are to blame for lack of social justice and the discrimination.

Also when you think about nature then there are so many things that we haven't figured out yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  9. Flip

Flip Member

I understand what you're saying. I just think that the effort required to keep going outweighs any of the potential benefits. It's just such hard work for so little return.

Flip x
  10. greenieguy

greenieguy Banned Member

I like black girls they have nice bodies but they usually dont like a nice guy like me and they want a beater type manly man
  11. Ai To Hikari

Ai To Hikari Active Member

Hi everyone.

I say NO. It is not possible to get tire of the world.
    It is not the world we are tired of.
    It is our status we get tired of. - This can make the world seem like a very cold, and dark place.
    But there is far, far too much TOO the world for the world itself to become tiresome.
    The world is also evolving at such a rate that there's no telling what wonders will exist, say, a week from now ~ or even tomorrow.

Many of the problems we face appear when we are trapped in one place for too long.
    I would like you all to go out and explore.
    Look for something that makes you feel good inside. - You're bound to find something.
    There is something out there just waiting for you.

Ai To Hikari.
  12. Flip

Flip Member

Apart from this being a completely fatuous comment which has no relevance to the question, it's offensive and narrow-minded.

If you think I'm wrong, I'd be interested in an explanation as to why you think it's relevant and what facts it's based on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.