Is it possible to be just a little bit suicidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick_K

...or is that like being a little bit pregnant? Thing is I keep thinking about suicide but it's an idle fantasy, sort of like thoughts of "I should kill myself" cross my mind in the same way I imagine someone who is not really a writer but wants to be would have thoughts about writing a novel. Maybe it's because I feel loosely tethered to reality as it is. I'm having a bit of a problem with panic right now and derealization sort of goes along with that territory.

I wish I could just walk it off, snap out of it, suck it up, think about the good things, and so on. I'm afraid my thoughts are starting to take a certain shape that I recognize from before. Maybe being conscious of it is enough. I'm so good at self sabotage I even sabotage my own suicide attempts. Yeah I'm not sure how that works either.

Mortal Moon

Sounds like me most of the time. I intend to kill myself- that has been a constant in my mind for at least three years- but it's usually not an urgent desire. For me, saying "I'm going to commit suicide" is like when other people say "I'm going to visit France someday." No rush, you know?

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I think there are degree of severity in all conditions, so in answer to your question, I think there can be times when one feel less distraught and other times when one feels like s/he is in crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00