Is it possible to be without feelings...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hurted, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

because of cutting?
    Last 2 weeks i cut 2-5 times daily and i dont feel nothing... i am not sad, i am not happy, im tottally empty... is it possible that its because of cutting and does anyone cut so often too?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Cutting doesn't cause emptiness in my opinion, your mood itself was probably empty.

And I'm not sure why you're asking if anyone else cuts that much, it's almost like you're trying to be competitive with it.

3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

im just want to know if that is "normal", or am i tottaly crazy...

Well... do you know what could be wrong with my mood? I mean... its just so strange...

4. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

go see your doctor
    he'll tell you

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

i will... i already went to psyhologist... but i have to wait whole month before next meeting...

6. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

well hun... if it makes you feel any better, i was like that for a while too. I felt nothing, my sister was born, i didnt care, my dog died, i didnt care... I still have days like that every now and then, but for the most part it has just kinda gone away

Caroline
    ~if your going through hell, keep on going~

7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So was it because of cutting? Im asking because i am planing to stop soon... but i wont be able if all negative feelings will return...:sad:

8. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s caused by cutting. I had days like that when I cut and when I didn’t cut. I think it’s because I was just so sick of life and so sick of what was going on I just like tuned out emotionally to the world. When your so sick of being in emotional pain it’s sometimes easier to tune out and to feel nothing.

9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

so that mean that i still have depression?:sad:

10. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

you really should call your doctor and schedule something sooner. It could be a number of things. It could be depression, could be a load of other things. Your doctor is best to answer those questions

11. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

no hun, i dont think that it has anything to do with cutting, i for one have never cut...

depression is more likely, but i am not a doctor, so i cannot tell you if you are depressed or not. Please try to make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.

Caroline
    ~if your going through hell, keep on going~

12. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Numbness is a common side-effect of both cutting and just long periods of sadness overall. Its an indication that you've essentially become too used to either one, at least thats my theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.