Is it possible to have a happy ever after?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Isa, Aug 11, 2007.

Is it possible to have a happy relationship in an unhappy life

1. Yes

2. No

1. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Is it possible? If your neurotic, insecure, paranoid, manipulative and have a victim mentality?

Do you guys ever think youll find someone who can understand you AND put up with you?
  2. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

My friend seems to have managed it, so it's possible to do it, but whether it will happen for me is a different story.
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Yes, it's possible and it's as real as the Air we breathe.

The thing which warps people's perception about this is that we don't hear about it that much....we mainly hear about how badly a relationship ended.

I guess also in order to have a happily ever after, you need to believe in that....otherwise it's not really going to happen.
  4. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

Yes, it is very possible to have a Happy Ever After ending. Mystic is right we do not hear about those often enough though.
  5. honsou

honsou Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure about this but i said yes because I'm pretty sure its probably true. About 5 months ago i would of been completely sure of the fact but i don't want to go into that here. But yeah :) most likely there is someone out there that will accept you for you :)
  6. timezone

timezone Member

are you peole crzy? (well, some yes...)
    "Ever After" is not even a valid measurement of time

the human mind adapts to it own environment. If you achieve happiness, it is just a matter of time before it becomes the status quo. Ever After means only that you died before that happens
  7. ybt

ybt Guest

thank you, you stupid idiot, but no, i'm not crazy. get lost.
  8. JFonseka

JFonseka Active Member

If you are insecure, paranoid and etc. then you probably wouldn't think the relationship was happy, that is why before you get into a relationship you must clear all that, if you are in a relationship you don't need to give up the relationship, Jesus is the only way.
  9. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Nah. It doesn't matter if you're neurotic, paranoid or whatever. We're all mortal.
  10. The only way to Jesus on SF, is on the SoapBox forum.
  11. Blackness

Blackness Guest

No hope in hell

Death will be my happily ever after...
  12. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Who would want to be involved with someone like that in a long term relationship? Why put yourself through it? Neurotic ppl can make your life a living hell.
  13. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I can't say yes or no indefinitely either way. I can say though that it would definitely have to depend on the people in the relationship and how they deal with coping and with each other and how compatible they are. You can't say oh yes for every relationship or oh no to every relationship. Things do in-fact very. I put "yes" but there should have been an in between answer. Anyway, my two cents. :twocents:
  14. letdown

letdown Guest

Even if the person was a model person (and I doubt there's anyone like that), 'happy ever after' is something out of Disney films and fairy tales, and life isn't a fairy tale.

That said, if someone was being chronically manipulative and abusive, there's no way I'd be with that person. I've had enough of manipulative relationships where I'm now thinking, "That was all my fault," and I'm too scared to form friendships because I think I'd mess up their head. If I was being manipulative or appearing that way, then I'd need communication to be frank as I'm open to looking at the ways I communicate and appear to others. As long as there's clear communication then everything can go very well...but if any person is unhappy because of personal issues then obviously, the relationship will feel the effects.
  15. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

I'm not a firm believer in a strict 'happily ever after'.
    But I do think to make a relationship work out in the long run you do need to have a certain love and acceptance for yourself before you can truly love and care for another person.
  16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Absolutely possible. Barring fate or death (God forbid), I and my husband will love each other forever. We fight, we yell, but we love each other more than I could ever imagine loving anyone else and it's been almost 14 years together (since we were 17). He is a gift from God, and the feeling of being able to trust someone with your life, your love and your soul is something that cannot be described. It exists, and once you find it, you will know for certain that soul-mates are something real and amazingly powerful. Also, I believe that we will be together in Heaven forever even transcending death.

Also, I think that when you find that person, you start living for them and not for yourself...the unhappiness dissipates and can result in joy and love. Now, I'm not saying that your life no longer matters, but that when you find true happiness and connection with another, the things that are making you depressed begin to seem insignificant, and the person you love will be there for you low days and make you realize that life is about love, not depression or hate.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  17. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've got proof.
  18. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Not for me, ive spent the whole of my life not in any sort of relationship and it will be like that for the rest of my life. I just wasnt created to fit in with the world and im going to be on my own for the rest of my pathetic life
  19. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

hmm. i would love for this to be true and for some i would say it could be. for me it is not possible any longer. i know i will hear that 'anything is possible' but dont tell me that until you understand the situation i am in. to those who want a happily ever after, i will pray you get it.
  20. The Departed

The Departed Member

I have two friends who are living together and have been together for more than two years now. I wouldn't say they're neurotic but they have their problems
    but I think they really can live happily ever after.

Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist in that matter but I belive that people can live happily ever after, even though I myself haven't found a person to love yet