Is it possible to not dream at all?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by seishou, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seishou

seishou Guest

I've noticed that for a period of time now, I haven't had a single dream or nightmare in my sleep. For some reason I find this weird. I sleep well enough usually. I just don't dream anymore :S. Anyone know if this is common/uncommon? I know this isn't a serious problem or anything, but hope somebody knows more than I do :smile:
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

This is taken from

~ Everybody dreams. EVERYBODY! Simply because you do not remember your dream does not mean that you do not dream.

~We dream on average of one or two hours every night. And we often even have 4-7 dreams in one night.

I don't know if it is possile to sleep and not dream or not, but I do know that you have many dreams each night that you just don't remember
  3. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I think it is quite possible to not have any dreams while you sleep. Dreams are what is formed as your brain takes all of the information and experiences from that day and sorts them out, keeping what is needed and disposing of some other parts. They usually occur in a certain stage of sleep. So if you either, never really make it to that stage of sleep or if your brain simply does not need to sort the days events, you end up with no dreams.

I also have the point of view that if you don't remember dreaming, than it wasn't really a dream. I know several people who say they never dream because they're just one of those people that never remembers them. I on the other hand remember much of my dreams.

It all depends on the person and their personality as well. I believe I've read that people who are seen as day dreamers will also remember much more of their sleep dreams.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

we all dream, some just dont remember like above said...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.