Is it possible to overcome this thoughts even after all these years?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Caminho - lunar, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caminho - lunar

Caminho - lunar Active Member

I'm feeling hopeless, and everything in my life seems to hurts me so much. All I can think about is to end this pain no matter how. I' ve been dealing with these thoughts for 34 years and can't handle them anymore. Sometimes I don't know how I survived all these years and as I get older it gets worse. I'm almost 50 now and beginning to feel I'm too old to live like this.
    Is it possible to overcome this thoughts even after all these years? Is someone there who did it?
    All I can think is that, other than my depression, I'm a very healthy person so the odds are to live til 80 and I canĀ“t handle it.
  2. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

I don't know if that is possible. I'm just a 14-year-old trying to help. What about talking to someone, family, friends, someone rather close? Pretending everything was okay is not a thing you should do, I don't know if you do so or not, but just in case you pretend everything was okay, it's okay to have problems. Sure, you know that already. Keep going, maybe there will be a big win waiting for you at the end of the path. Try to think positive, think of what you have, like be happy that you're not ill or something. Keep going :)
  3. Caminho - lunar

Caminho - lunar Active Member

Thank you Cooki
    part of the problem is that I pretended to be ok all this time and now when I try to talk about it some people don't believe me and others just say that's past history and so not important. It looks like they are saying that my feelings aren't important and then I get even more depressed.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's never too late. Honestly!
  5. Cooki

Cooki Well-Known Member

People can be heartless, I know. There aren't that many to understand, not many that believe you, I know that. But there are people who care, there are people who will help if they can. It's often the ones who went through some bad times as well, that's what I know. I'm sure you will find someone who believes you, even if it's just one single person, it's one more than none. Please, just keep going :) as fromthatshow said, it's never too late!
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with fromthatshow-it is never too late!! I've suffered since the age of 12, I am now 25 and on the mend, have my ups and downs but suicide is definitely out of the question for me.
  7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Camino - hi and pleased to meet you - I know exactly what you mean, I have had thoughts in my head I have not wanted since I was 15 and I'm nearly 50 - but I promise you, there is a way to get this integrated, I totally promise you that there is........... Not many people would understand or care, but I know what it is like, and have found some answers. It's a method to do with making your mind into your very best friend. I know that may seem fanciful at first, but I promise you with all my heart that it is possible, and I'm on the journey out from suicide, please PM me if you'd like :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.