Is it really that easy??

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by alicat, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alicat

alicat New Member

I read an article today, about a young 19 year old body builder who posted on his bodybuilding chatroom that he was intending to kill himself. On another website, he posted a suicide note saying how he felt that he was not good enough for his girlfriend etc. He then turned on his webcam and logged on to a live streaming site and, with over 1,500 people watching, he proceeded to take his pills and lay down on his bed to die. It was only after a number of hours that the people watching realised that this wasn't a bluff and called the police who entered his bedroom and found his body.
    Is it really that easy????? if you take enough pills can you just lay down, go to sleep and not wake up???

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

We don't discuss methods here as we are a pro-life support site but any overdose can be potentially harmful. Many overdoses result in becoming sick with liver and kidney damage rather than death though.

3. alicat

alicat New Member

I can see how you have mis understood what I mean. Surely there would be some sign that all was not well??? I cannot comprehend all of those people watching this guy and not realising that all was not well..... surely they must have known?? The fact that he did this in front of so many people makes me think that he must have also thought that there would be some sign for someone to intervene otherwise why not just keep it to yourself?

4. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

So what you're really asking is, are people that stupid and/or heartless that they would sit by and watch somebody kill themselves and not do anything to try to stop them?

The answer is yes.

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Some people are cruel and callous. Also, people assume that when something bad happens, someone else will have phoned the cops or ambulance. A lot of people have a morbid curiosity also. And depending on what he took, he could have just gone straight to sleep.

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Why do people have to stop to watch a car accident? It is the same 'impulse' operating there. I think there are many reasons why people did not react. Much of the information in cyber is not true, we have so overwhelmed with morbid stimuli because of the 24/7 phone camera life styles that we watch the war in Syria and other places as they are happening, etc. I wish I could interview the people who alerted the police to see what made them different. But one thing we can take from this story, is to consider each person's pain and to hold dear each person's life...maybe the inactivity of others is a warning to all of us

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry but this site of pro-life. You cannot discuss methods or how easy it would be to commit suicide. But I'm here if you need to talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.