Is it really that important

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Sardaukar, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

Is it really such an important thing to be in a relationship, If i die a virgin, is it a failure, or could it be that success in life should be measured by other things? If I fail to fulfill the natural impulse to reproduce, do i fail as a human being? I know I will probably die alone, and it would be a lie for me to say that Im okay with that, but this is not a disability, it doesnt prevent me from living my life, It wont hold me back. Sure, at times I get desperately lonely, it feels like I have a black, expanding vortex of pain inside me, and to see how everyone else has someone, is like a fresh wound everytime. But I will remain strong, as I feel that some people such as myself, are just destined to be alone, forever. I can still pursue my dreams, it just means that I will never get to hold anyone, to be there for them, and know that they are there for me too. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation, I have no excuse as I am an english speaker, but its been a rough weekend. Anyone elses thoughts on this?

2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

If you carry on thinking that you'll never find someone, then it'll likely come true. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy. You have to assess what you can offer in a relationship and try and better yourself so that you might appeal to other people. I'm not saying change yourself, just not be so down on yourself. People don't usually want to date someone who is extremely down on themselves and negative 24/7 (not that you are, as I don't know you).

As for the never having sex thing - I wouldn't say that that would make you a failure as a human being. We all have different ideas on what our purpose in life is; not everyone would say it's to reproduce, it's really down to personal views.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if I or anyone else things it's really important to be in a relationship or have sex before you die, it's what you think that matters.